Partial Close - close at least N largest postions

• updated
  • Under review

Hi, 

if it would be possible to set minimal amount of N largest position (same direction) to be closed, a very, very robust risk management would be possible.

So in short, I assume only two changes are needed:

1. set the minimal amount of positions to be closed (sort by size is already available as an option)

2. After the (e.g. #5 ) largest position is closed, continue with lot size same as the smallest position closed but at the location of the last largest position.

Here is an image, illustrating the concept.

Image 5938

Huge thanks for looking at this.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Hi, Hannes! Thanks for your idea!

To implement this technic, we need:

1) allow closing of most profitable trades in series without the largest loss, it is not hard,

2) and prevent #3 from reopening to the level of closed #5, it is a bit harder.

What I am afraid of is the increasing distance between orders. You may find yourself in a situation where you have a series open and the market swings between orders for a very long time.

All distance calculations for next orders should also be corrected.

Do you think it is worth it?
Hannes Waser

Hi Andrey, thank you very much for your comments.

as of the scaling, I think that #3 position should be reopened as soon as the level of #5 (now closed) is reached. Similarity, #4, #5 can be again opened. The distance between #3 and #4 is the same as initially. They just initialized with an offset (3 has a new price and 4,5,6... are offset accordingly).

i can't say yet whether it's worth it. I hope at least. I hope also that your code allows a simple trick to get there. 😄

Maybe we can simple start a new martingale trade the the old level of #5 with the initial lot of #3? 🤔

Sai Pratap
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Hi, Hannes! Thanks for your idea!

To implement this technic, we need:

1) allow closing of most profitable trades in series without the largest loss, it is not hard,

2) and prevent #3 from reopening to the level of closed #5, it is a bit harder.

What I am afraid of is the increasing distance between orders. You may find yourself in a situation where you have a series open and the market swings between orders for a very long time.

All distance calculations for next orders should also be corrected.

Do you think it is worth it?

I dont think it is worth based on my experience sir.

We shud be closing our trades in the first opportunity of correction the market gives after the one sided swing. After that it becomes real hard to get a closure of trades and had to hold the trades for very long duration, in most of the cases. 

We can also try individual trailing order and see how the set works. This is almost similar to above strategy.