Filters/Oscillators working together

• updated
  • Answered

Hi, 

I have been testing oscillators together to see what combinations work best. One question was about time frames. If you have a chart with an m5 time frame, and you set the signal to the same, sometimes I get a better trading signal by setting the oscillator time frames to be completely different. So my question is, if your signal time frame is different to the oscillator frame and different to the signal time frame, where is the signal coming from?

Is the oscillator reading a completely different time frame? I am slightly confused. 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Answered

EA analyzes Oscillators from specified TFs.

If you set TF for Oscillator1 = H1, EA analyze H1 bars for it. So, if indicator reaches signal level on 17:00 bar, deal will be opened at 18:00.

If you set TF for Oscillator2 = H4, EA analyze H4 bars for it. So, if indicator reaches signal level on 20:00 bar, deal will be opened at 20:00 (if Oscillator1 still in the signal zone).

Signal TF used as frequency filter. 2 deals can't be opened on the same bar of Signal TF.

Hope, I answered your question.

Kishan Bhatt

Great, so they work together, but on different time frames if need be.. I had this strange idea that they were reading it from the signal timeframe option in the settings at the beginning.