Odd Behaviour - Closing Trades when I manually open new ones

• updated
  • Not a bug

Hi, 

When trading on some recently, I have noticed that when I placed some buy orders when some sell orders were already in play, they would close and the buy order would go through. 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Give me more details, please.

Attach screenshot, expert log, set-file used and point to the orders which were closed.

Thanks.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Not a bug

No info provided (

Stavros Ioannidis

I have witnessed something similar. When, for example, a BUY trade is going negative and I manually open a SELL, then the SELL closes immediately and the BUY keeps going. It turned out that it was due to the "Close on individual signal, in profit only" setting of Oscillator 1. The Oscillator 1 (Stochastic) indicator was giving a BUY signal (this is why the EA opened the BUY in the first place) so the manually opened SELL was closed almost instantly as it went into profit. To me, this looks like normal behavior, not a bug.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Stavros Ioannidis

I have witnessed something similar. When, for example, a BUY trade is going negative and I manually open a SELL, then the SELL closes immediately and the BUY keeps going. It turned out that it was due to the "Close on individual signal, in profit only" setting of Oscillator 1. The Oscillator 1 (Stochastic) indicator was giving a BUY signal (this is why the EA opened the BUY in the first place) so the manually opened SELL was closed almost instantly as it went into profit. To me, this looks like normal behavior, not a bug.

Yep, EA can close the trade by dozen of rules and options. It is normal behavior.