Open trade with one filter, close with another ("Use for Open signal" parameter for each filter)

• updated
  • Completed

Hello everyone!

I'll try to explain what I want to know:

For example, we have a few trades, that have been opened with the signal of Sthochastic TF 5M.

Image 334

These trades have been closed with the opposite signal of this Oscillator TF 5M.

But if we look at the same Oscillator on the TF 1H, we can see an opportunity to hold these positions and close them later with bigger profit.

Image 335

Question: how to open trades using, for example, only Stochastic 5M and close them using only Stochastic 1H? In other words, how can we open trades using ONLY one set of filters and close them using another of them?

Perhaps, such setings are already exist and I just can't find option, that I need.

Excuse me for, maybe, such stupid question.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • In process

Set Oscillator1 for opening (Close on = Disabled) and Oscillator2 for closing (Close on = Individual signal).

But Oscillator2 will filter open signals too.

Do we need parameter "use for open signal" for each filter?

Alexander Filippov

I think that it make sense only if there will be enough votes for it.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Renamed the topic and moved it to Ideas.

Let's vote!

Kishan Bhatt

This is a great idea! This reminds me of watching a professional trader video with Anton Kreill from the Institute of Trading where he talks of multiframe analysis. So using a higher time frame like H4 to observe the market structure. I think this just means looking for a trend and then using M5, ,m15 etc to find a suitable entry. But I must add, that the stochastic oscillator has been coded really well already and I still use it as a place to find a good signal. 

Great idea Mr Filippov! And Thanks again Andrey! I have done some more set files for all the major currency pairs that I will share soon for everyone. 

Go Community! 

Sai Pratap

That's a good idea.

But, I could see two lacuna in this idea.

One is holding the trades for a longer duration.

The second one is risk gets increased when EA opens trades against the trend, which I observed happen a (very) few times. However EA does well when we considered the same TF(5 min) for exit.

So I will thumbs up this idea if we can work upon improve EA to trade with the trend.

Also, in my opinion its better to trade with same TF for entry and exit. Positional trades can opt for bigger TF and intra players can adopt smaller TF.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Completed

Done in 2.19

Alexander Filippov
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Done in 2.19

You are the best!