Max Limit for Orders - Ideal for Small Account on Assets with a large minimum lot

• updated
  • Declined

I am running the EA for Crude Oil and Brent Oil on IC markets, both doing very well in terms of making money. But experimenting on small accounts, like a few hundred USD/GBP, opening 5 trades at once with a minimum lot size of 0.5 really exposes you and could potentially blow you out very quickly. Whilst the default of 5 works fine for everything else, for these assets it can lead to big problems

Image 356

Image 357

Now the backtests show a 60-70% success rate over the last few months and the trades are in play for a few hours. But if you get one of those freaky days where nothing works, and we've had a few of them, this can quickly make you lose money. 

Kishan Bhatt

Yup,  blew it out. Unfortunately it kept trying to sell on an up trend. When I cam back from work I found it had racked up some huge losses and hit the stop loss for each trade. So lost 200 on 5  trades. 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

What is your suggestion about?

We already have Max trades parameter. Just set the value you need.

Kishan Bhatt

to have a parameter of Max_Trades on chart setting. Or open trades i suppose is another easy  easy way to say it. 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Kishan Bhatt

to have a parameter of Max_Trades on chart setting. Or open trades i suppose is another easy  easy way to say it. 

Do you want to have this parameter on the panel?

But why?

How often do you change it??

Kishan Bhatt

Hi,

only for assets like oil which have a high minimum lot on IC markets of 0.5.  So it means that even 1 trade, with high leverage makes it more risky. So im suggesting if we could be allowed to limit the number of trades it means you limit your exposure. This is my thinking.  

Or you could change it to 100 for kamikaze, YOLO trading.  

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Kishan Bhatt

Hi,

only for assets like oil which have a high minimum lot on IC markets of 0.5.  So it means that even 1 trade, with high leverage makes it more risky. So im suggesting if we could be allowed to limit the number of trades it means you limit your exposure. This is my thinking.  

Or you could change it to 100 for kamikaze, YOLO trading.  

But you already can limit number of trades, just go to the expert settings and set "Max trades" parameter.

Kishan Bhatt

Hi, 

Over here right? I thought this only worked if martingale was on which I never use because it's dangerous.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Kishan Bhatt

Hi, 

Over here right? I thought this only worked if martingale was on which I never use because it's dangerous.

Ea can open more than 1 deal in one direction with martingale or anti-martingale enabled only.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Declined

Seems, it was just misunderstanding