Write a guide for making a set file

• updated
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Hello, 

This EA is without doubt, the best thing on MT5! If you have a trading idea, you can literally implement so many ideas here. Moving averages, MACD and stochastic. The trend filter is brilliant. Works so well with other stuff. I am no expert in the EA, but I have spent some time testing to at least develop reasonable strategies to get a profit in back-testing at least. From my conversations, one set file is great for one broker and bad for another. It makes the challenge of optimising more difficult for sure, but as we all have a common interest we can work together and grow the community. Is there any support for this idea?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

It is just an brilliant idea!

And all the help will be very appreciated.

Kishan Bhatt

Great! I just wanted to ask as I did not want to just take over, this is not my intention for this EA as we are a community who votes and agrees this way on new implementations. I will try and write up some text over the week? and submit for your feedback. But let us collect votes first to see this. Otherwise I don't want to waste my or anyone else's time. 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

This is "must have" information.

If your way to optimize works, it should be described, of course

Kishan Bhatt

Well, 

This a live forward test of all sets I have made. They all have a maximum lot size of 0,01 and only 5 trades in one direction. On another forward live test (I am running 2 to be sure! ) I have this.

This has some oil and FX pairs running on it. Only a few trades. Now I am trying to focus on good accuracy on this set of testing. On the other, forward live demo test I am trying to run that as a full account. With a view to put a small amount of money into it. 

I have to stress, that whilst there are some good points, I currently have some positions running a P/L all in the negative, like almost half my total!  (so I revise the sets). The time scale are mainly about like a few hours to the highest which is 15 hrs. So they take a long time to mature. I don't think my method is the best, just want to help the community really! 

All this stuff takes a lot of time! But if you are wanting to take a risk, then you I think you dho

Kishan Bhatt

Thanks for the votes! I feel very motivated to try and write some stuff over time. 

Kishan Bhatt

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eguuJQs_W5lGeZLpvP4o2j62RR0A8a5A/view?usp=sharing

Here is the 1st draft with 2 ways - Go Slow and Brute Force.  Feel free to comment on the file.