Pause after loss, in Bars

• updated
  • Completed

A parameter to specify the minimum interval between (in bars) between trades, after a loss.

Trying to clarify:

When CP is trying to follow a trend and the actual trend is not going as the signals/oscillators predicted it will try to open anther deal as soon as the previous hits SL.

So we would have several deals (usually hitting TP) in loss, what could have been avoided with a set interval between deals

Duplicates 1
Stop trading after Stop Loss is hit

Description:

Add option to have the EA stop opening new orders, once the Stop Loss is hit (either the SL in points or the Global SL in % of balance).

Any open orders will not be affected.

Opening new orders can resume after manual action from the user (e.g. clicking the checkboxes on the GUI).

My reasoning:

I observe in backtesting that very rarely the SL is hit 2 or even 3 times in a row, on highly volatile currencies. 

It would be nice to have the option to automatically stop the EA from opening new orders after the 1st SL is hit. 

This will give time to re-evaluate the situation.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Nice idea!

Accepted.

Kishan Bhatt

This is a great idea. Unfortunately I have seen situations where I notice something going wrong (set file not being set right and making sell trades in a upward trend) and I would like to limit losses as much as possible. 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Ok

Stavros Ioannidis

I have suggested the introduction of a similar "Stop trading after loss" parameter, which is in the "Planned" state: https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/112-stop-trading-after-stop-loss-is-hit

However, this new parameter suggested by Fabio prevails against mine. One could just set the "Pause after loss" to a really big number and get the same effect as "Stop trading after loss". So "Stop trading after loss" is obsolete.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Stavros Ioannidis

I have suggested the introduction of a similar "Stop trading after loss" parameter, which is in the "Planned" state: https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/112-stop-trading-after-stop-loss-is-hit

However, this new parameter suggested by Fabio prevails against mine. One could just set the "Pause after loss" to a really big number and get the same effect as "Stop trading after loss". So "Stop trading after loss" is obsolete.

Thanks! Topics now merged into 1.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Started

...and this parameter will be available very soon 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Completed

Done in 2.23

Fabio Campos

Tks a lot!