instrument opening price

• updated
  • Suspended

Establishing annual, quarterly, daily and hourly openings would be interesting as a point of openings, position closings, sending alerts, taking part of profit, etc.

Open prices are inflection points, many times, where the market pauses or starts a reversal.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Try the set from this topic - https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/140-scalping-mode-could-turn-out-mid-long-swing

It will open a new deal on every new bar (if previous deal is closed).

Why do you need to open one deal per quarter/year?!?! Can't imagine such strategy.

Ezequiel Bessone

it is not a strategy. It is an idea to place the expert opening price indicators. Opening prices are important points where the price can turn around or definitely confirm a change in trend. For example, in an intraday strategy, if the price is close to the weekly or monthly opening price, my behavior in relation to open positions will be different from open positions that do not find support or value resistance.

Sai Pratap
Quote from Ezequiel Bessone

it is not a strategy. It is an idea to place the expert opening price indicators. Opening prices are important points where the price can turn around or definitely confirm a change in trend. For example, in an intraday strategy, if the price is close to the weekly or monthly opening price, my behavior in relation to open positions will be different from open positions that do not find support or value resistance.

In my opinion, closing prices are more important than opening prices. And often opening prices are not of much value.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Ezequiel Bessone

And what is your behavior near these prices?

What do you want to add to the EA? How can we improve it?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Sai Pratap

In my opinion, closing prices are more important than opening prices. And often opening prices are not of much value.

On FX, close prices are equal to open prices 99% of time.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Suspended