SL and TP like ATR*multiplier, Max deals per day

• updated
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Hi,

Are you guys familiar with Steady Expert advisor? I think it's the concept is easy to implement in CP EA.

I seems that it just opens one trade based on the trade on retracment(opposite of trend overbought/oversold)

And it uses ATR to set TP and SL*multiplayer

It opens one trade per day

It would be cool if we can control how many trades we can open per day here.

It would be cool also to Support T3, VIDYA, AMA as they help in finding Trends.

Thank you,

Sai Pratap

It might be helpful for Andrey sir if u can share more details like entry point, exit, SL, etc. 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

So, do you need only SL and TP calculated as ATR*coeff to run this strategy?

Let's rename the topic and add this mode, it is not hard.

As for the T3, VIDYA and AMA.

Do you want to filter trades by their slope?

Show me please why these MAs are better than already available in the EA.

Edsal

Yes, SL and TP are ATR calculations. It's just my observation when I test Steady EA. I think it get TP and SL from 4H ATR.

And places order on 4H retracment, I direction of the trend.

Only 1 order per day.

T3, AMA, VIDYA, Hull are just suggestions to be added to the EA as new features. The way these MAs work is that they change color when direction of trend changes.

Sai Pratap
Quote from Edsal

Yes, SL and TP are ATR calculations. It's just my observation when I test Steady EA. I think it get TP and SL from 4H ATR.

And places order on 4H retracment, I direction of the trend.

Only 1 order per day.

T3, AMA, VIDYA, Hull are just suggestions to be added to the EA as new features. The way these MAs work is that they change color when direction of trend changes.

Most of the indicators give repainted signals. So please ensure that the indicators u r suggesting r not generating repainted signals. It would be riskier to trade based on signals from them. 

Edsal

These indicator don't repaint. But yes repainting is not recommended.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Edsal, I renamed the topic to make it more concrete.

These 2 ideas can be implemented, let's vote for them.

As for indicators: please, create a new topic and show why these MAs are better than already available in the EA.

We can't just add all available indicators to the EA, it has not sense. So, please, argument your idea with screens and examples.

Thanks.

Kishan Bhatt

You have my vote on the SL and TP based on ATR. Good idea!