Aroon Filter

• updated
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Hello, 

I came across this useful trend filter that I think would work well to open/close trades in a trending market. It could work very well with the current trend filters we have (trend, macd, MA's etc). I think that the strategy would be similar to the macd one we currently have, of 2 growing/declining bars for buy or sell signals

Image 720

Aroon_Filter.mq5

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

It seems trend is marked by color. Are you sure you want to use growing bars?

Do you have version for MT4

Sai Pratap

I don't see much use of this indicator, atleast from the picture posted. :(

Kishan Bhatt

Sai, 

Doesn't it clearly show the signals for buy/sell? We shouldn't be using 1 filter/oscillator, but a combination of at least 3 for entry and exit. The purpose of this is to generate a signal and combine it with others. At least from the bars indicated it show minimal lag as well. what is not to like specifically?

@Andrey - I will try and find the mt4 code for you . 

Kishan Bhatt

@Andrey, could we not use rules like growing bars and a zero line cross condition for the signals? Or maybe even an and condition for the the use of both. 

Sai Pratap
Quote from Kishan Bhatt

Sai, 

Doesn't it clearly show the signals for buy/sell? We shouldn't be using 1 filter/oscillator, but a combination of at least 3 for entry and exit. The purpose of this is to generate a signal and combine it with others. At least from the bars indicated it show minimal lag as well. what is not to like specifically?

@Andrey - I will try and find the mt4 code for you . 

Iam sorry. Iam unable to read it properly. Please confirm my understanding.

Open buys when green bars start & vice versa?

If so, Iam not finding it much useful. But as u rightly pointed, we can club with other indicators and check the performance. Thanks :)

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Yep, we can implement both signals.

But no votes for this idea at the moment...