Allow new series when previous one is opened (after some DD% or price move)

• updated
  • Suspended

Why not to open new Sell on signal if we already have Max martingale trades on previous Sell series but SL is far away?

Very simple to understand but not so simple to implement ;)

But should be, I think.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)
Sai Pratap

Sir,

Do u mean when we get a sell signal?

If so, then that is good idea to open sell in continuation to the previous lots so that we can get better average for sell position.

But if we see current position, after our max number of trades, we did not receive a sell signal till now.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Sai Pratap

Sir,

Do u mean when we get a sell signal?

If so, then that is good idea to open sell in continuation to the previous lots so that we can get better average for sell position.

But if we see current position, after our max number of trades, we did not receive a sell signal till now.

Why? Signals do not depend on open positions.

Even now, with opened sell series, we have sell signals sometimes.

Sai Pratap
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Why? Signals do not depend on open positions.

Even now, with opened sell series, we have sell signals sometimes.

Yes sir. I meant whether open new sells on signal or as continuation to martingale by increasing the distance between trades?

Please clarify whether u want to continue lot size with old sell series or as a new trade.

edwin yee

This is a great idea. The EA that I bought recently has this feature. It opens new position whenever there is a signal, and do martingale on each of them if the trend goes the other way. If you have a way to decode the ex5 file, I can send it to you.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Sai Pratap

Yes sir. I meant whether open new sells on signal or as continuation to martingale by increasing the distance between trades?

Please clarify whether u want to continue lot size with old sell series or as a new trade.

No, should be used start lot, to allow martingale deals for this additional new trade too.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from edwin yee

This is a great idea. The EA that I bought recently has this feature. It opens new position whenever there is a signal, and do martingale on each of them if the trend goes the other way. If you have a way to decode the ex5 file, I can send it to you.

I will not decode other programmer's work. It is really bad idea.

But I don't need to do this to implement new function to the CP EA.

Sai Pratap
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

No, should be used start lot, to allow martingale deals for this additional new trade too.

Then, this may attract more DD and chances of blowing off the account will be increased if we get another wrong lot of trades sir. :(

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Suspended
Quote from Sai Pratap

Then, this may attract more DD and chances of blowing off the account will be increased if we get another wrong lot of trades sir. :(

Yes, but maybe we can decrease risk for first trade and enable this function.

I just realized that we already can trade this strategy. We should just enable "Open martin on Collective signal", as for first trade, and all martingale deals will be opened only after some distance and only on signal.

So, I'm suspending this topic.