Separate lot co-efficient/step size for buy and sell trades in a grid set

• updated
  • Planned (collecting votes)

If we can have separate lot co-efficient/step size then by using TDI/Identify parameters in Day/4H time frame, we can adjust them when it is against the trend.

Say for example, if TDI Day indicates buy, then we will increase the above parameters in such a way that we will take less trades in sell either by increasing the step size, reducing the lot co-efficient etc.

If TDI(Day) is buy, then use step size of 2x or 3x for sell.

In this way we can reduce the DD with a Grid set.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

It should be parameter for each filter.

Something like "Lot adjustment coefficient".

It will increase all lot sizes if signal is co-directional and decrease them if signal is opposite.

Don't know how it will work, but we can try.

Sai Pratap

Instead of an indicator, we can also link this to DD sir.

Say for example, if DD reaches 1500$, increase the step size from 8 to 12 in EURUSD.

Not sure whether this shud be considered as a new idea.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Sai Pratap

Instead of an indicator, we can also link this to DD sir.

Say for example, if DD reaches 1500$, increase the step size from 8 to 12 in EURUSD.

Not sure whether this shud be considered as a new idea.

Yes, this should be a separate topic.

But I think you already can increase the step on DD — just set Martin mode = Previous step * coefficient. DD happens only with next martingale deals, so increasing step with each deal will be equal to increasing with the DD.

Sai Pratap
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Yes, this should be a separate topic.

But I think you already can increase the step on DD — just set Martin mode = Previous step * coefficient. DD happens only with next martingale deals, so increasing step with each deal will be equal to increasing with the DD.

Ok sir. Will post as new idea for linking to DD.

My requirement is maintain same step till some DD is drawn and increase after certain amount of DD.

This is because it clearly indicates that there is no correction for certain amount of time and we are trading in wrong direction. So it would be better if we can increase after certain amount of DD.