Creation Portfolio with more file setting that working with different strategies

• updated
  • Answered

I love this project because there are a lot of people that work with passion with the same goal.

I have seen a lot of file set and I use some of these.

I think it would be great to create a portfolio of different strategies that work together.
Has anyone of the best already created something like this and wants to share it?
Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Answered

Paolo, it is good idea!

It will be possible with Multi-set (multi-currency as well) version of EA

Now you can try to combine set-files using some 3rd party software like portfolio modeler.

Hannes Waser

I already to it starting several MT5 within Docker :)

paolo
Quote from Hannes Waser

Where can I try?

Hannes Waser
Quote from paolo

Where can I try?

The easiest way for you (if no experience with Docker) would be to start Mt5 manually several times with "portable" flag or in different virtual machines

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Hannes Waser

Hannes, this topic is not about several MT5 run.

It is about portfolio.

You can run portfolio on the single MT5.

Hannes Waser
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Hannes, this topic is not about several MT5 run.

It is about portfolio.

You can run portfolio on the single MT5.

Sorry, I was getting wrong - as a portfolio of EAs...

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Hannes Waser

Sorry, I was getting wrong - as a portfolio of EAs...

Yep, about portfolio of EAs. How can Docker help? )

Hannes Waser
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Yep, about portfolio of EAs. How can Docker help? )

Docker can help executing multiple Mt instances on same machine without to disturb each other. 

However, each CP EA tries to manage all positions (or did I observe it wrong?)__. Can we have one EA managing only positions with the same magic number?

this way we could use a larger account and in case some of the EAs needs more buffer, is is directly available.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Hannes Waser

Docker can help executing multiple Mt instances on same machine without to disturb each other. 

However, each CP EA tries to manage all positions (or did I observe it wrong?)__. Can we have one EA managing only positions with the same magic number?

this way we could use a larger account and in case some of the EAs needs more buffer, is is directly available.

Yep, you are wrong.

EA manage only positions and orders with specified magic (Expert Id) and manual orders (if Manage manual = true).