Auto Hedge with individual indicator signal and close hedge position with same individual indicator in profit only

• updated
  • Suspended

The concept here is to apply auto hedge once an independent individual indicator in a specified TF detects change in market momentum so it opens a hedge position and immediately closes in profit only once the indicator detects loss of opposite momentum. This is just similar to how we use the stochastic K in the default set to open first main position and close with same stochastic K in profit only. @andrey can also advise on better approach to implement this!

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Oh, no! Why do you need one more strategy running?

Hedge on individual signal + individual hedge closing = separate trading strategy. Why should we add it to the existing EA? How can it improve the main strategy?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Suspended

Partially done in 2.36.2 ("Open hedge on" parameter for each filter were added) - https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/363-hedge-on-drawdawn-percentage-andor-hegde-signal

But I'm not sure we need to close hedge deals individually...

Ocxy Codine
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Oh, no! Why do you need one more strategy running?

Hedge on individual signal + individual hedge closing = separate trading strategy. Why should we add it to the existing EA? How can it improve the main strategy?

without auto hedge the default set works well but requires very large starting balance to avoid larger DD. Since the auto hedge became an independent segment, it hasn't worked in any of my strategies so far and i know it can help to reduce DD on smaller starting balance. So please advise on best way to make auto hedge fit in!