Teeny Tiny StopLoss?

• updated
  • Answered

Hi all, Andrey, phenomenal work you're doing here!

Just commissioned a custom EA from Fiverr, and the StopLoss you can set can be as small as 2 pipettes, it seems with CP the minimum SL is 1-2pips

Is there a problem with setting a stoploss in pipettes in the real world / live trading, is there a reason the SL in CP has a higher minimum?

I would love to have the option to enable SLs in pipettes or, like 0.2pips be allowed, is there a reason in practice why this wouldn't work?

Thank you!

Sai Pratap

Small SL wont work in real trades. Ur account will just be blown off eating away the SL almost everytime.

Better u have a bigger SL and use trailing as it moves towards targets.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Answered

James, welcome to the community!

Of course, you can work SL from 0.1 points (0.00001 for EURUSD).

Is it small enough? )

james

There was a strategy I was working on which worked great when the stoploss was almost non-existent, but I have since come up with better ideas I believe - and Sai I believe in practice it could have worked, just not very professionally - if you have an ECN broker account with a Stop Level of 0, tiny StopLosses, backtesting grew very reliably across time and markets, with a very low win-rate (around 7%), but because of the tiny stoploss and with zero/small spread it didn't matter having so many losses - but this 'brute-force' method is kind of ugly so have abandoned it - Andrey check out my new post I will write now, thank you!

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from james

There was a strategy I was working on which worked great when the stoploss was almost non-existent, but I have since come up with better ideas I believe - and Sai I believe in practice it could have worked, just not very professionally - if you have an ECN broker account with a Stop Level of 0, tiny StopLosses, backtesting grew very reliably across time and markets, with a very low win-rate (around 7%), but because of the tiny stoploss and with zero/small spread it didn't matter having so many losses - but this 'brute-force' method is kind of ugly so have abandoned it - Andrey check out my new post I will write now, thank you!

So, this question is answered, isn't it?