Martingale: Custom lot coefficients - apply to global lot size

• updated
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Using the martingale custom lot coefficients in combination with partial closed, I observed some special behavior:

Example: 

- custom lot coefficients are "2, 3, 4, 5, 6" lot size per 1000 is 0.1, partial close after order #6

- order #1 is 0.1 lot, #2 is 0.2 lot... #6 ist 0.6 lot

- then losing order #1 is closed with profitable order #6 (4 orders are still open #2..#5)

- next martin order #5 is opened, not with 0.5 lot but with 0.10 lot -> coefficient is applied to first open order of series which is now 0.2 lot

=> This behavior will increase the sum lot too much and increases the DD to fast!

Now my idea: Apply the custom lot coefficient to the global lot size and not to the first order lot size of the series.

This option would be better controllable, additionally if you use the setting for "Min part of losing order to close (%)"

What do you think?

Ice Scream

I think this option will be profitable if the first order is opened together with the opposite one.

Ice Scream

close by percentage of the balance or in points

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Your idea is clear and should be implemented, of course.

But much easier said than done ;)

So, I'm not sure it will be done soon.

HeppiBull
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Thanks for the suggestion!

Your idea is clear and should be implemented, of course.

But much easier said than done ;)

So, I'm not sure it will be done soon.

Great, you are welcome.

Waiting for implementing this idea and for everybody who uses a similar set with Martin custom coefficients and partial close, I have found a good workaround:

For the first 4-5 position use the same lot size (factor 1) but with small step size.

example:

CutomCoefficients=1,1,1,1,2,5,7,6,5,3
CustomStepCoefficients=1.0,0.9,0.9,0.9,1.7,1.6,1.5,2.0,2.5