Open buy and sell with Martingale and Anti-Martingale in GRID, using 1 or several indicators + strategy "corner the price"

• updated

I want to take this opportunity to make public a strategy that I had discussed with Andrey in private. After adding the "Close any with any" option, this strategy can now be implemented more effectively.

The reason why I thought of this: Maybe before you thought of trading the market automatically, you did it manually, and many times the price went against you, breaking your StopLoss and maybe that is the reason (like me), that you are here trying to find something automatic or semi-automatic like me.

I call the strategy "corner the price". I will try to explain it as well as possible. I will explain directly with an example what CP would have to do:

1.- RSI or several indicators reach oversold level, so the MAIN SIGNAL is BUY.

2.- CP opens 1 BUY.

3.- Price goes against us and opens several BUYS and SELLS in GRID.

4.- CP closes several POSITIVE SALES and 1 NEGATIVE BUY, with the option: "Close any with any".

5.- The price continues against us and opens several BUYS and SELLS in GRID.

6.- CP closes again several POSITIVE SALES and 1 NEGATIVE BUY, with the option: "Close any with any".

7.- Let's suppose that there are 4 SELL orders open and 6 BUY orders left.

8.- The price starts to change direction to where it should theoretically go, i.e. upwards, in our favor.

9.- Now, as there are 4 SELL orders open and 6 BUY orders, CP would have to STOP OPENING and CLOSING orders. Why? Because those 6 buy orders will be able to cover the 4 sell orders, and continue the movement in our favor, until we reach the expected pips or profit and close all orders.

10.- And if the price rises, but not enough to take the profit and close all orders, and the price goes down again, there would be no problem because we would return to point 2 above.

I hope this is understood. This would be a very conservative and much safer way to make profit, better than using only MartinGale openings which in the end can risk your account more easily.

What would be needed in CP to implement it?

1.- Allow to open orders in GRID with MartinGale and Anti-MartinGale, when a signal appears between the indicators (RSI, MACD etc). That is, if the signal is BUY, open also SELL. And continue opening orders in both directions, allowing to open orders in GRID. But it is important to open 1 order in favor of the main signal at the beginning. Already, if the price goes against us, start opening BUY and SELL by doing the GRID.

2.- Stop openings "MartinGale and Anti-MartinGale" and disable the option of closing orders "Close any with any" when the main signal of the indicator or indicators begins to go in our favor. In the next point I explain it better:

3.- New Option needed: Maximum amount of orders in favor of the signal.

• Example 1: Let's suppose that the maximum number of orders in favor of the main signal is 2. And the main signal of the indicator(s) is BUY. If there are 3 SELL orders and 5 BUY orders, CP will stop opening and closing orders "Close any with any", because there are 2 more orders in favor of the main signal. 3 SELL orders and 5 BUY orders = 2 buy orders in our favor.
  • Example 2: Let's suppose that the maximum number of orders in favor of the main signal is 1. And the main signal of the indicator(s) is BUY. If there are 5 SELL orders and 2 BUY orders, CP should wait for the price to rise in favor of the main signal (UP), that is, it should open 4 BUY orders, and then it will stop opening and closing orders "Close any with any", since there is 1 more order in favor of the main signal. 5 SELL orders and 2 BUY orders.....CP opens 4 more BUY orders= 1 buy order in our favor.

4.- By stopping the "Close any with any" function, all orders will be closed when the option in: "Global Account properties". And the "Close any with any" option will be activated again, if the price goes against us again. The option "Close any with any" can be activated and deactivated when the sum of all open orders is negative or positive.

If the total amount of profit is negative, "Close any with any" is activated.

If the total amount of profit is positive, it is deactivated: "Close any with any".

I am currently doing this manually. I waiting for an important area, and I enter. I have 3 templates, each with CP installed, but with different settings:

Template 1: "ClosePartial" when the price goes against me.

Template 2: "Open 1 or 2 additional orders" in favor of my analysis.

Template 3: "Close all with TrailingStop" when the sum of all orders is positive.

If the price is returned before closing everything, I switch to Template 1 by keyboard shortcut. If I miss more orders in favor of my analysis, I switch to Template 2. If I go positive, I switch to Template 3.

#################################

While writing this, I thought that the new option I suggest: "Maximum amount of orders in favor of the signal" might not be necessary. Personally, it is fine to have the default option of having one order in favor of the main signal.

So if there are 3 orders AGAINST the main signal, and 2 IN FAVOR of the main signal, by default CP would have to know that it needs at least 2 orders to be able to make a profit.

I leave it up to the general discretion.

Ulises Cune

Could you leave the configuration/settings files to test and not have to build them from 0 and thus test the proposed strategy?

Michel
Quote from Ulises Cune

Could you leave the configuration/settings files to test and not have to build them from 0 and thus test the proposed strategy?

Yes.

For template 1.set

For template 2.set

For template 3.set

I use the TrailingStop from "Global Account properties", it is the only one I could use, the other TrailinStop from "TrailingStop properties" closes the orders individually, or at least I think so. A pity, because I miss the Trailing Step option. This way you can get better profits.

Sai Pratap

Question:

Let us say when u r at step 2: Signal is BUY. But let us assume by the time we reach Step 7, the signal turned out be SELL. How can EA handle these kind of situations.

IMO, I dont see need of any signals when u r operating on GRID & using Global profit.

Michel
Quote from Sai Pratap

Question:

Let us say when u r at step 2: Signal is BUY. But let us assume by the time we reach Step 7, the signal turned out be SELL. How can EA handle these kind of situations.

IMO, I dont see need of any signals when u r operating on GRID & using Global profit.

The signal will remain the first signal, until all orders close, or if you use a full order close if you reach an overall loss. The intention is to be able to enter the market at important points where there should be a price reversal or trend change. This entry point can be with the same internal indicators of CP or with the technical analysis that is made, etc...

The strategy of using GRID, is to close 1 losing order with several winning orders. Until the price reverses towards your analysis or the signal of the indicators.

The price can be for example, overbought in H1 or H4 timeframe and in a zone of high liquidity or OrderBlock, and the price can break those zones, if it does, we can support that the price still continues against us for much longer, because we can close losing orders with winning orders.

"Let us say when u r at step 2: Signal is BUY. But let us assume by the time we reach Step 7, the signal turned out be SELL. How can EA handle these kind of situations."

R: There cannot be a BUY order in Oversold, and at the same time a SELL order in Overbought, without first having closed and won the BUY order. Unless the overbought or oversold zones are for very short periods.

Michel

What I comment above in the main post : "But it is important to open 1 order in favor of the main signal at the beginning. Already, if the price goes against us, start to open BUY and SELL doing the GRID " . I just realized, that CP has that option :)