How to set up a double MA´s crossing

• updated
  • Answered

Hello all, I am pretty new on this automated trading world. Congrats for this EA and this QA web. 

Here is my question. I was playing with the 3 MA fillters, however I am not able to know how to open a buy (or opposite sell) trade when the fast MA cross up (or down) the medium MA and later this medium MA cross up (or down) the slow MA.

Another possibility would be, the price crossing up (or down) the fast MA and later crossing up (or down) again the medium MA.

This is open a trade after 2 crossings.

Many thanks

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Answered

Hey

You can set MA cross signal using MACD fitler — https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/7/topics/520-how-to-set-ma-cross-signal

You can't set 2 crossings signal at the moment. Describe your idea in the new Idea topic please.

Cheers!

Fran Boillos

Hello Andrey,

Thanks for the MACD hint. I developed a very simple strategy tester with visual basic with good results on some tickets and poor in others, unfortunately only playing on TF 1 day. With this tool a lot of TF could be tested.

The idea is to define a period (I used to fixed to 10 bars but could be a variable) and 3 MA, fast, medium and slow. Within that period, to open a trade the condition would be "only" 2 crosses (fast x medium and medium x slow) in the same direction to confirm. Important to me is the word "only" to discard certain false signals.

To close trades I used the opposite signal, although it can be improved using other criteria.

Regards

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Fran Boillos

Hello Andrey,

Thanks for the MACD hint. I developed a very simple strategy tester with visual basic with good results on some tickets and poor in others, unfortunately only playing on TF 1 day. With this tool a lot of TF could be tested.

The idea is to define a period (I used to fixed to 10 bars but could be a variable) and 3 MA, fast, medium and slow. Within that period, to open a trade the condition would be "only" 2 crosses (fast x medium and medium x slow) in the same direction to confirm. Important to me is the word "only" to discard certain false signals.

To close trades I used the opposite signal, although it can be improved using other criteria.

Regards

You can use 2 MACD filters.

For example, if you want to open Buy when MA 10 > MA 20 > MA 50, set MACD 1 with periods 10-20 and MACD 2 with periods 20-50. When both are above the 0 level, Buy is opened.