How to properly use the Volatility Filter?

• updated
  • Answered

I´m currently working on a setfile and I´m confused on how to properly set the Volatility filter. Of course I red the the guide. 
For example I´d like the EA to not open on on a strong rise of the markets. Where are the differents between ATR/StdDv etc. In the Guide it says for max vola its points. But how does the filter measure it exactly?  Like from the rise of the markets? 

Maybe someone can explain it to me how I properly set it up and understands the problem I have. And maybe provide an example. 

Thank You! 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Answered

Hey!

Attach ATR or StDev to the chart and look at the values.

With "Min Volatility (in points)" = 10 you'll have trades in the green zones only:

Related article — What is a "point" in CP?

Jerome Powell

Alright thank you Andrey I try that!! 

Jerome Powell
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Hey!

Attach ATR or StDev to the chart and look at the values.

With "Min Volatility (in points)" = 10 you'll have trades in the green zones only:

Related article — What is a "point" in CP?

Again thank you very much Andrey!! It worked now and my set is now more stable!!! 

Ulises Cune

Andrey,
Could you put a link in the document that points to these examples?
We could (the community or you) create an example of each indicator of how it is used so that everyone understands them and thus more and more strategies are created and it is easier to understand each indicator.

( Example ATR/StDev ) => https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/509-how-to-properly-use-the-volatility-filter?redirect_to_reply=3383#comment-3383

Image 2590

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Ulises Cune

Andrey,
Could you put a link in the document that points to these examples?
We could (the community or you) create an example of each indicator of how it is used so that everyone understands them and thus more and more strategies are created and it is easier to understand each indicator.

( Example ATR/StDev ) => https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/509-how-to-properly-use-the-volatility-filter?redirect_to_reply=3383#comment-3383

Image 2590

Sure!

You can add "How to..." topic for each indicator/signal/question and I'll link it to the doc.

Ulises Cune
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Sure!

You can add "How to..." topic for each indicator/signal/question and I'll link it to the doc.

Copia de CommunityPower EA FAQ.docx

Hi Andrew,
Review all suggestion posts and add a yellow "More info" link to each part of the document that referenced the feature you developed. Please review it and if you think you can publish it. It can be useful.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Ulises Cune

Copia de CommunityPower EA FAQ.docx

Hi Andrew,
Review all suggestion posts and add a yellow "More info" link to each part of the document that referenced the feature you developed. Please review it and if you think you can publish it. It can be useful.

Let's do it online. Check your PM please