Help with time filters

• updated
  • Answered

Hello everyone, 

I've tried to implement time filtering for a chart. In this case what I'd like to do is close all orders friday at 2255 and stop trading, then start trading again on monday 3 am. I'm currently testing on the FTMO demo account with the attached GMT settings, which I think are correct. 

But for some reason, it doesn't seem to close all open positions over the weekend. 

Has anyone got any thoughts?

Image 2639

ade f

Try change "GMT offset for StrategyTester" value from 3 to 0

zen vakil

Hi Ade, 

Still nothing unfortunately, I'm used the close everyday to test. I also tried it with DST USA and Disable DST, still nothing :(

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Answered
Quote from zen vakil

Hi Ade, 

Still nothing unfortunately, I'm used the close everyday to test. I also tried it with DST USA and Disable DST, still nothing :(

Hey!

Compare your current broker time (look at the Market watch) with GMT.

If they are equal, set the schedule like you see. If not, adjust your schedule to GMT.

For exmple: if your broker time is 1 hour ahead of GMT (broker 21:00, GMT 20:00), correct your schedule by 1 hour (if you want to close at 22:55 broker time, set 21:55).

And make sure you have quotes at the specified time. EA can't close positions if no ticks coming.

So, in other words, we need to use GMT always, independently of the broker time, is that right?

If so, then it is not necessary to worry about the DST.

My broker use GMT+3 and Europa DST but I am struggling to get the time filters working properly.

It is still opening trades out of my time filters.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Wilmen Javier Martinez

So, in other words, we need to use GMT always, independently of the broker time, is that right?

If so, then it is not necessary to worry about the DST.

My broker use GMT+3 and Europa DST but I am struggling to get the time filters working properly.

It is still opening trades out of my time filters.

Yes, you should set time filters in GMT.

And set the correct GMT and DST for backtesting.