Max Lot Setting based on initial Lot (not which is not cap Martin Lotsizes)

• updated

I have a EA, starting with 1% Lot Margin percent use for example.

After some testing, my EA is at 1% Lot = 50lots for example.

When i dont want to have the EA more than 50lots, i set "Max Lot" to 50lots.

But then all my Martin Trades (6x Martingale) are capped to 50lots, which makes the Martin useless in my robo.

It would be cool, when we have a "Max INITIAL lot" for example. Which caps only the initial Lot to 50, but dont cap the Martingale. 

Or do i miss something?

Cheers

Aron

anewhope

Example, to be clear. You can see  on the right side of the screen that Martin Trade #4 #5 #6 are capped, because of Max Lot = 50.

But with "Max initial Lot" only (no Max Lot), it could work as intended.
Max initial Lot = 0.02 but the Martin Trades are allowed to exceed that cap
Example

Sai Pratap
Quote from anewhope

Example, to be clear. You can see  on the right side of the screen that Martin Trade #4 #5 #6 are capped, because of Max Lot = 50.

But with "Max initial Lot" only (no Max Lot), it could work as intended.
Max initial Lot = 0.02 but the Martin Trades are allowed to exceed that cap
Example

In ur example when initial lot is 0.02, where has it exceeded the cap of 50!? the max lot is only 0.32. But u mentioned that it allowed to exceed 50.

And when u set max lot to 50, obviously it will be capped to 50. 

What exactly r u expecting from CP to implement? Plz make it clear.

anewhope

These were 2 different examples. Not both are capped to 50.

I make a new example with screenshots:

I have account of 100.000€ / i set "Margin percent use" to 1% which are 5 Lots for the first Trade in this example.

When i set "Max Lot = 10" - Martintrade #3-#4-#5 are capped to 10, so the Martintrades are useless, and do not work as intended.

When i set "Max Lot = 0" (disable it) - The Martintrades work as intended:

What i want CP to achieve is an additional Parameter called "Max initial Lot". Which caps only my initial Lot, not my Martintrades.

Same screenshot as before, but imagine, we have set "Max initial Lot = 5", then the first initial Trade is maximum 5 Lots for all initial Trades , but the Martintrades are not affected by this parameter, so that they can exceed this "initial Lot"

Max Lot = 0 (disabled)
Max initial Lot = 5 

Or otherwise said if the parameter "Max Lot" is set, it destroy every Martingale Setting when used at some point. 

Sai Pratap

This is already possible in CP. Set initial lot size to whatever u want using fixed lot. And disable max lot size. 

anewhope

I dont want to have fixed lot. i want to have either margin percent use, or fixed/1000. That means, my initial lot is dynamic and is growing. And i want that it is growing depending on my balance. 

And if so, i only can set max lot, which caps ALL Trades, and i want only the initial lot to be capped, with margin percent use.

Sai Pratap
Quote from anewhope

I dont want to have fixed lot. i want to have either margin percent use, or fixed/1000. That means, my initial lot is dynamic and is growing. And i want that it is growing depending on my balance. 

And if so, i only can set max lot, which caps ALL Trades, and i want only the initial lot to be capped, with margin percent use.

Solution I can see is use the fixed lot/1000 till u reach the cap of initial lot by growing ur account very big and then use fixed lot, disable the max lot size. 

And this is only a one time exercise when u grow ur account so big that u want to limit ur starting lot. 

anewhope

That is a workaround, yes. But i can not do that while backtesting. I could do that in demo or live, not in backtest. That would mean i have an semi-automated EA, not fully automated. Which should also be the goal of CP?

Thanks

Aron 

Sai Pratap
Quote from anewhope

That is a workaround, yes. But i can not do that while backtesting. I could do that in demo or live, not in backtest. That would mean i have an semi-automated EA, not fully automated. Which should also be the goal of CP?

Thanks

Aron 

No. Its just that u need to carry out two backtests. One with fixed lot/1000 and some x capital. 

And then when account grows to 10x say, u may need to cap the starting lot where u shud use fixed lot. So second test with fixed lot with capital of 10x. 

IMO, I dont see need of this feature wherein ur intervention is needed once in a while infact very rarely and can be solved with an additional backtest.

My only intention is to push up the ideas that are really improvement to CP to increase profits rather than convenience as the time available for Andrey sir is limited now. Hope u understand plz. Thanks.

anewhope

I understand. Thanks much for the review and replies!

Aron