Please add comments with why the trade was opened

• updated
  • Suspended

Please add a comment about why the trade was opened instead of static CP or CP1 or #CP1 and if the comment gets bigger than the displayable area, create a log file for this EA on the desktop with codes-meaning and use those codes as comments.

For E.G. if I wanted to write: Used signals are Osilator Stochastic K, RSI with IdentifyTrend +TDI, then use the following comment on trades:
Opened due to O:S+R_with_IT+TDI
If the above doesn't display on the MT5 toolbox to see those trades and comments, then the  following can be used as code:
O_oSRwItTdi
The above once says O_ -> Opened due to, oSR -> oscillators Stochastics and RSI, w ->with, It ->IdentifyTrend, Tdi ->TDI

This code O_oSRwItTdi after being used should be stored in EA log file preferred in Desktop location to refer the code for meaning.

Ulises Cune

It already has a log where it indicates why the operations are opened, closed and modified

Check "Journal" Tab.

I leave you this post in case it is useful to you

https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/7/topics/376-communitypowerea-parser-tester-log-mt5

Belpu Prajwal Rao
Quote from Ulises Cune

It already has a log where it indicates why the operations are opened, closed and modified

Check "Journal" Tab.

I leave you this post in case it is useful to you

https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/7/topics/376-communitypowerea-parser-tester-log-mt5

Thanks for this information, able to see it. But can we have it on the trader MT5 toolbar area as we cannot see it each time by opening it to search for the log?
I wanted something like the below screenshot:

so this way I can follow up easily. This will give me an idea of whether to close or not. And also if we use the same EA on different charts with the same instruments then we will not be confused about which opened the trade or something like that

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Can be done, but with low priority. You are the first who asks for this )

Belpu Prajwal Rao
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Can be done, but with low priority. You are the first who asks for this )

Yes, no worries, but this is required for checking whether things are working or not at the end of the month for trade tracking, just to tweak the techniques which I use. If necessary add new techniques or remove an existing technique and other stuff like that.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Belpu Prajwal Rao

Yes, no worries, but this is required for checking whether things are working or not at the end of the month for trade tracking, just to tweak the techniques which I use. If necessary add new techniques or remove an existing technique and other stuff like that.

Hmm. If you use the same signal for all trades, you can put your comment into Expert comment input variable.

Do you still need this extra data?

Belpu Prajwal Rao
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Hmm. If you use the same signal for all trades, you can put your comment into Expert comment input variable.

Do you still need this extra data?

I'm not sure, but if we can get a comment on why the trade was opened then we can decide whether to close it on news or close it on any unexpected events. For example, if news comes positive or we are expecting positive and we have a short term-trade running in the wrong direction of this news then we might get stopped out and so with manual intervention we close the trade.
So to know whether its safer to close the trade or let it run, it will be best to know the trade reason and other apects like timeframe of the chart used can be figured easily.

Sai Pratap
Quote from Belpu Prajwal Rao

I'm not sure, but if we can get a comment on why the trade was opened then we can decide whether to close it on news or close it on any unexpected events. For example, if news comes positive or we are expecting positive and we have a short term-trade running in the wrong direction of this news then we might get stopped out and so with manual intervention we close the trade.
So to know whether its safer to close the trade or let it run, it will be best to know the trade reason and other apects like timeframe of the chart used can be figured easily.

The same manual intervention can be done without comments as well. If u have so many trades, it will be even harder to go thru all the comments and act on those trades based on news. Is it not?

Best solution for u would be stopping trades on news if u want to play safe.

Belpu Prajwal Rao
Quote from Sai Pratap

The same manual intervention can be done without comments as well. If u have so many trades, it will be even harder to go thru all the comments and act on those trades based on news. Is it not?

Best solution for u would be stopping trades on news if u want to play safe.

Got it. Yah, this sounds best. Thanks @Sai Pratap

@Andrey Khatimlianskyi I think this as well can be implemented indirectly by placing multiple CPs on different charts with the same instrument with comments per CPs with the strategy used respectively OR stopping the trades on the news.
You ignore this suggestion as a WorkAround already exists for this. :-) Thanks

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Suspended

Ok)