Grid strategy

• updated

Hello,

Do anyone have grid setfile for strategy like in the image, thank you

Image 3713

Ulises Cune

Can you explain the strategy more? What do each letter in the image mean?

forex player

The Grid strategy in Forex is one of the automated methods of trading, which essentially removes the stress of manually opening and closing positions. It involves placing several buy and sell stop orders with predetermined intervals above or below the current market price.

Trading with Forex grid strategies involves several steps. Basically, traders must determine whether a currency pair is engaged in a trend or is confined to some trading range. After that, he or she must choose a starting point and then decide on the number of grid levels and appropriate intervals.

For example, if the GBP/USD pair trades at 1.2475, then a trader can put three buy stop orders at 1.2485, 1.2495 and 1.2505, with 10 pip intervals. At the same time, he or she can place three sell stop orders at 1.2465, 1.2455 and 1.2445.

Here's an example of how to construct a manual grid trading strategy:

Here's how to set up a grid for a trending market. There are many steps to follow:

• Pick an interval: 5, 10, 50, or 100 pips, for example.
  • Choose a starting price for your grid.
  • Decide whether you need to set up a with-the-trend grid or an against-the-trend grid.

If the market looks like it will move in a trend, a with-the-trend forex grid trading strategy may have a starting point of 1.1660 with 10-pip intervals. A trader may set buy orders at:

Sell orders would be set at:

With this forex grid trading strategy, the trader will need to exit their position when it has become profitable to lock in their profits. If the market moves in the direction they anticipated, their position grows and they exit on time, collecting their profits.

Assume you opt for an against-the-trend forex grid trading strategy. You also choose 1.1660 for a starting point with a 10-pip interval. You set buy orders at:

You set sell orders at:

Such a strategy will secure profits when both the sell and buy orders get activated. However, this strategy needs a stop loss to protect yourself if the price travels in one direction. If the price remains volatile, triggering both buy and sell orders without trending in one direction and triggering the stop loss, the trader will be able to exit their position and collect their profits.

forex player
Quote from Ulises Cune

Done.

forex player
Quote from Ulises Cune

Grid Trading Definition (investopedia.com)

Yannis Latroche

Actually Andrey did a grid set that was live for a moment but eventually blew up because of a strong trend https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/4/topics/144-base-grid

There is still one that run live but i don't know if it's the original one

forex player
Quote from Yannis Latroche

Actually Andrey did a grid set that was live for a moment but eventually blew up because of a strong trend https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/4/topics/144-base-grid

it doesn't look like the same strategy i posted above. this called trend follower grid and counter trend grid strategies. 

Sai Pratap
Quote from Yannis Latroche

Yes the grid set running is mine. I developed it using sum grid and posted on echoforum as well.

It is safe from 2018 onwards with DD of 30%.

Ulises Cune
Quote from Sai Pratap

Yes the grid set running is mine. I developed it using sum grid and posted on echoforum as well.

It is safe from 2018 onwards with DD of 30%.

What capital does the account have?

Sai Pratap
Quote from Ulises Cune

What capital does the account have?

24000 Cents. Iam operating on EURUSD & Gold.

https://t.me/CommunityPowerGG