Option to use Ticket Number instead/with Magic Number.

• updated
  • Under review

I cant find anything about it here in the forum, so here we go! What about adding an option to use Ticket Number with/instead of Magic number. I think separating each trade with Ticket Number in one symbol, separated from each symbol with Magic Number would create a new sector of new availability. Like having 5 orders, with TP and SL, each one separately. - Got the idea from reading about the "Ultra Hedge" thread that is spamming my email account, and its gold for us who are action loving traders with lots of orders running at the same time. It's too much focus on martingale in this EA, and that is good for sure, but making the playground with standalone trades doesn't hurt! :) Pretty sure there is a way to store the ticket number and make them individual trades somehow.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

You mean you want to open only 1 order per symbol? Why not to disable martingale?

Or do you want to run several strategies simultaneously? You can do this now with different EAs on different charts.

Please, give more details.

Geir Ove Haug
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

You mean you want to open only 1 order per symbol? Why not to disable martingale?

Or do you want to run several strategies simultaneously? You can do this now with different EAs on different charts.

Just for separating a single order individually, or actually you are into something if you want to make this difficult but more fun. Having several equal strategies on the same symbol, or all combined with something equal to global TP/SL, just in this case a symbol TP/SL. So this might give a floor of a single grid-strategy, to a complex multi-martingale strategy, combined. - I just mention it, since this EA has almost anything buildt upon Martingale as a floor. Breaking that floor by separating strategies or orders using tickets only would open for many new oportunities. I dont know what other strategies would come from the community , but for sure I have missed the oportunity to just create a single grid-bot, or separating orders (or groups) in a strategy, with their own individual pre-set TP/SL.

Geir Ove Haug
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Let's make a scenario to clear this up a little bit better. Just a simple grid strategy. Lets say an entry happends on one price, using stochastic RSI as criteria for the trigger. It trigger, and then the risk will be set 1:2 , but with a pending order at 1:2, just a small range. If the price goes down to 1:1.5 of the pending order, then it will take the TP right there. The thing is, there can be several such triggers on several orders with the separated pending orders on the same symbol, disconnected from the other trades who are active. The orders are separated with each goal, some goes far and hit a big bottom, but others have bad timing and goes to it's own stop loss. If the price upwards can replace the previous pending order and so on. I know the pending orders are highly developed, and halleluja for that, but disconnecting one trade from another on the same chart/symbol I havent managed to find anything about. "Separate orders, who are not in a martingale group in the same symbol(using the order ticket number: true/false."

Thats what Im talking about. And that could be a really nice feature, and it definitly doesn't downplay all the functions that CommunityPower EA provides. I just use my imagination, as CommonityPowerEA is based upn.

Thanks! :D Ill donate the day I figure out how not to blow up my own account. Ill donate ALOT!

Sai Pratap

One thing for sure, no martingale strategy can be never fail safe. It will blow up one day or the other. And linking that to donation!!? _/\_

That is how market behaves over years. So don't try too much.

U can only save ur account by having some SL or cutting down the loss as a % of balance. 

Geir Ove Haug

Everyone has blown up an account, if not, they havent blown it up .. yet. But I guess that belongs to another thread. This thread is to break up the floor and separate orders by tickets, and if wanted, combined with martingale. But since you are on the blowing up accounts, i really dont trust martingale testing even, because dragging down a bunch of connected orders is alot of stress, at least for newcommers. I really think using a strategy with one and one order, also combined in clusters, with who know what imagination can make a strategy, anyways, its safer. Its easier to just set å SL instead of speculating with hedge. It's a floor lower with ticket identifier, it would only add to the better.

Quote from Geir Ove Haug

Just for separating a single order individually, or actually you are into something if you want to make this difficult but more fun. Having several equal strategies on the same symbol, or all combined with something equal to global TP/SL, just in this case a symbol TP/SL. So this might give a floor of a single grid-strategy, to a complex multi-martingale strategy, combined. - I just mention it, since this EA has almost anything buildt upon Martingale as a floor. Breaking that floor by separating strategies or orders using tickets only would open for many new oportunities. I dont know what other strategies would come from the community , but for sure I have missed the oportunity to just create a single grid-bot, or separating orders (or groups) in a strategy, with their own individual pre-set TP/SL.

You need multi-set version of EA, I guess. It will allow you to run several strategies simultaneously.

And it is already planned.