MACD level filter

• updated
  • Completed

Hello everyone. 

It would be great if we could have a level filter for a signal with MACD inside the communitypower EA.

In fact, the 0 lines is not a good filter or a good signal when using MACD following my own experience with it.

So if possible it would be a great add to the EA.

Thanks

How would you rate the customer service you received?

Satisfaction mark by hery rajao 1 year ago

Add a comment about quality of support you received (optional):

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Do you want to allow buy on MACD >= X (for example, 0.0005) and allow sell on MACD <= -X (-0.0005)?

hery rajao
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Do you want to allow buy on MACD >= X (for example, 0.0005) and allow sell on MACD <= -X (-0.0005)?

In fact, the best would be to have the possibility to choose the level we want the MACD lines and/or MACD histogram.

Following my notes, each pair has its own level as for indices or metals. In general on forex pair, it is something like 0.0003 or 0.0005 and on indice like DAX the level would be around 5 or 10.

That's why it would be very top notch if we could put custom level depending on the pair we trade please.

Thanks a lot

Quote from hery rajao

In fact, the best would be to have the possibility to choose the level we want the MACD lines and/or MACD histogram.

Following my notes, each pair has its own level as for indices or metals. In general on forex pair, it is something like 0.0003 or 0.0005 and on indice like DAX the level would be around 5 or 10.

That's why it would be very top notch if we could put custom level depending on the pair we trade please.

Thanks a lot

My question was about the sign (+ and -). ADX can't be negative, but MACD can.

hery rajao

My question was about the sign (+ and -). ADX can't be negative, but MACD can.

Ah ok sorry i misunderstood the question.. But to reply to it yes, for MACD signals if you can allow the negative also it would be great. Example as you put: buy when MACD >=X and allow sell also on MACD < - X.

Thank you

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)
Quote from hery rajao

Ah ok sorry i misunderstood the question.. But to reply to it yes, for MACD signals if you can allow the negative also it would be great. Example as you put: buy when MACD >=X and allow sell also on MACD < - X.

Thank you

Ok, let's do it.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Completed
hery rajao

Done in 2.52.4 -- https://t.me/CommunityPowerNews/89

Thank you so much. now it's time for me to start to learn to parameter the CP EA :)