Delete Pending Order for News filter

• updated
  • Planned (collecting votes)

It is possible to add an option that will delete a pending order according to the selected news filter criteria. for example: 15 minutes before the high event the order will be deleted. At the same time the no news filter will be active. This would ensure that even though no news trading is allowed, a pending order is not executed.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

I think we need to add an option to manage pending orders:

- don't delete at all

- delete if signal disappears (one of collective signals has gone, for example)

- delete on opposite signal (now it works for oscillator signal only, if I'm not wrong).

So, you need to use News filter as a part of your entry signal, and choose "delete if signal disappears" mode.

Sounds good?

I don't want to add individual options for any particular filter, that would lead to a mishmash of parameters.

Trying to find a common solution.

patrick mast
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

I think we need to add an option to manage pending orders:

- don't delete at all

- delete if signal disappears (one of collective signals has gone, for example)

- delete on opposite signal (now it works for oscillator signal only, if I'm not wrong).

So, you need to use News filter as a part of your entry signal, and choose "delete if signal disappears" mode.

Sounds good?

I don't want to add individual options for any particular filter, that would lead to a mishmash of parameters.

Trying to find a common solution.

Sounds Great :) Thank you Andrey!

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Don't forget to add your +5 to this topic, it is legal ;)

patrick mast

I think that also the trading times do not delete the pending. e.g. If I want to open orders until 21:00 maximum and at 20:50 the EA opens a pending order, it will not be deleted at 21:00.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from patrick mast

I think that also the trading times do not delete the pending. e.g. If I want to open orders until 21:00 maximum and at 20:50 the EA opens a pending order, it will not be deleted at 21:00.

Why not to check? It will take 5 minutes of your time.

patrick mast
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Why not to check? It will take 5 minutes of your time.

sorry, it works fine. had a strange behavior yesterday on a MT4 account. Trading time would be until 21:00 but the order was executed at 22:30... but in the backtest it looks good... I'll keep an eye on it...

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from patrick mast

sorry, it works fine. had a strange behavior yesterday on a MT4 account. Trading time would be until 21:00 but the order was executed at 22:30... but in the backtest it looks good... I'll keep an eye on it...

All settings are in GMT time corrected with selected DST mode.

https://communitypowerea.com/docs/time