Trading Schedule filter

• updated
  • Planned (collecting votes)

I think an additional "trading schedule" intraday filter would be recommended.

1. The first option would be Buy or Sell at specific times several times a day.

For example

- Buy at 7:00 - 7:30, then again at 10:30 - 10:50, 14:10-14-20 and 18:00-18:30.

- Sell at 12:00-12:10, 19:00-19:15 etc.

- Buy/Sell at specific intervals (5-6 intervals per day)

2. Another variant would be the opposite "Don't trade at a certain time"

- don't Buy

- don't Sell

- don't  buy/sell at specific intervals (5-6 intervals per day).
It would be valid for all days of the week.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Any usecase from the real life?

Sai Pratap

How is it different from news filter?

How do u decide the time to trade/not trade? Already we have ATR based control for taking care of volatility.

drago babnik
Quote from Sai Pratap

How is it different from news filter?

How do u decide the time to trade/not trade? Already we have ATR based control for taking care of volatility.

I manually trade XAUUSD using the scalping method (around 100 pips per trade). I am successful in this only if I trade at certain hours when the volatility is stable and the price movement is relatively predictable. These hours are 7:00-9:00, 10:00-11:30 and 15:00-16:00. Volatility (eg ATR) is a measure of the past that can help determine individual parameters, but I don't know how to use volatility when opening the first position?

drago babnik

If it were possible to enter certain times in the field "Include key-words" in the News settings, separated by a comma and the program would recognize them, the problem would be solved (eg 9:30, 14:30, 16:30, etc.).

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from drago babnik

I manually trade XAUUSD using the scalping method (around 100 pips per trade). I am successful in this only if I trade at certain hours when the volatility is stable and the price movement is relatively predictable. These hours are 7:00-9:00, 10:00-11:30 and 15:00-16:00. Volatility (eg ATR) is a measure of the past that can help determine individual parameters, but I don't know how to use volatility when opening the first position?

Just set up the volatility filter with a Open first on = On individual/collective signal.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

It is not related to the News filter.

We can add this list of intervals to the time filter, but I don't really like this idea.

Nevertheless, if you need it, maybe someone needs it too.