add deposits

• updated
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Hello friends. Seeing the option that I was unaware of of making withdrawals every x time, I wonder if there is or is it possible to add the opposite, making deposits every x time. Right now this is what I do with my real account to capitalize it. Also, if someone thinks it is a good idea, they could put an option to deposit money on a certain date to test how the strategy responds when things go wrong.

Thank you all and forgive the translation

Sai Pratap

why not directly do backtest by increasing the capital?

Javier Herrera Gomariz
Quote from Sai Pratap

why not directly do backtest by increasing the capital?

Doing that for 2 or 3 years or more, and transferring the balance to the backtest plus the deposit, two or three times a year you can, but if you want to do it for weeks it would be too tedious, right?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Personally, I don't see any sense in this feature.

Therefore, only the community can push this idea forward.

drago babnik

I support this idea. One of the possible strategies is also very risky trading. You withdraw half or the entire profit every day or week, but at the same time you are ready to lose the entire deposit once a month. In testing, when you lose a deposit, you place a new one and trading continues.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from drago babnik

I support this idea. One of the possible strategies is also very risky trading. You withdraw half or the entire profit every day or week, but at the same time you are ready to lose the entire deposit once a month. In testing, when you lose a deposit, you place a new one and trading continues.

Oh, this is such a bad practice! But I agree that it can work sometimes :)