Custom Indy: allow DLLs

• updated
  • Answered

Hello everyone, I would like to use the FX Blue Sentiment Indicator for MT5 as a custom indy. The indicator uses DLL's. It looks like the EA cannot load the indicator's DLLs. I have activated "Allow DLLs" in the settings. Can someone help me to make the indicator compatible with CP?

The EA would be a very good live instrument. It shows the open positions in percent of all accounts on FXBlue

https://www.fxblue.com/appstore/56/sentiment-indicator-mt5

https://www.fxblue.com/appstore/u56/sentiment-indicator-mt5/user-guide

Ulises Cune

The indicator information is collected in real time from all the real accounts that FX Blue has in its statistics, so backtesting cannot be done, since it does not use past candles to build the chart, but rather from an external website. You have 5 buffers, from 0 to 4, but as I said, you cannot do backtesting because the indicator uses external data from the brokers to build the graph.

You would have to try it live or on a demo account to build a strategy.

Image 5736

patrick mast
Quote from Ulises Cune

The indicator information is collected in real time from all the real accounts that FX Blue has in its statistics, so backtesting cannot be done, since it does not use past candles to build the chart, but rather from an external website. You have 5 buffers, from 0 to 4, but as I said, you cannot do backtesting because the indicator uses external data from the brokers to build the graph.

You would have to try it live or on a demo account to build a strategy.

Image 5736

Hi Ulises

Thank you for your answer. You are right, of course. The indicator cannot be backtested. That's not the idea either. I would like to use it as an additional filter. I just have to test it on a demo account first. But when CP wants to load the EA, the error message appears in the log that the indicator cannot load the dlls.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • In process

Patric, what exactly do you see in the Expert log?

Does indicator work itself?

Where did you put DLLs? Try to copy them into all possible folders (Indicators, Experts, Libraries) and check again.

It should work with the CP EA, of course.

fraggli

if you use fx https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon - you should be able to monitor what file requests are made and so on.

fraggli

Hi again,

just loaded the sentiment indicator myself - the installer places the DLL needed in the libraries directory, but defaults to the indicator directory in the setup, so try to copy the ....\MQL5\Libraries\FXBlueWocData64.dll into ....\MQL5\Indicators\FXBlueWocData64.dll - would guess that would do the trick for you.

patrick mast
Quote from fraggli

Hi again,

just loaded the sentiment indicator myself - the installer places the DLL needed in the libraries directory, but defaults to the indicator directory in the setup, so try to copy the ....\MQL5\Libraries\FXBlueWocData64.dll into ....\MQL5\Indicators\FXBlueWocData64.dll - would guess that would do the trick for you.

Thank you fraggli! :) Works for me!

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Answered