EURO50 M1 Overnight

• updated
  • Checked

Overnight Trading Set on EURO50 on ActivTrades Broker

Also know as Euro Stoxx 50 or SX5E.

Opens an buy at the end of the day targeting an positive open gap.

All tests were performed with Fixed Lot 0.1 (for sure you can change it according your own risks).

IN SAMPLE 2017.11.01 - 2020.11.01 - Every Tick

Image 475

Image 476

OUT OF SAMPLE 2020.11.01 - 2020.12.01

Image 477

Image 478

Suggestions for the EA to perform better in this kind of strategy that I cannot find where to configure.

-- After a Gain comes a Loss - if theres a gain filter so it does not trade that day / week / or for the next X days after making its goal of $X (market is cyclical so the gain wont happen so often).

-- Some days of the week are better than others.

-- For running optmization / backtesting its a good idea to ignore march/2020 (crash period for the CFD`s all over the world) so a parameter would be nice.

12003 - Euro50 Overnight CP.set

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
Symbol:
EURO50
TimeFrame:
M1
db nandi

I also like to compare my overnight strategies to buy and hold. In this case you would have lost 17% (looking at the IS period or -3% in all period).

Instead that you risk $7 (maximum drawdown in 3 years) to make $118 with 0.1 Lot, an expected profit of %5000 (thats how I measure an strategy).

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Checked

Thanks for your set!

I don't have so good results with IC:

I set GMT shift = +3 so all deals are opened exactly before rollover:

Is it correct?

Try to use "all real ticks" for your test, please.

db nandi

Hi, Andrey, 

you are correct abount the gmt+3.

There is difference in tickets so it. Still have no idea with one would be closer to the real world. I will be running this set on real/demo account on both IC and ActivTrades so I will compare the backtests with the operations.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from db nandi

Hi, Andrey, 

you are correct abount the gmt+3.

There is difference in tickets so it. Still have no idea with one would be closer to the real world. I will be running this set on real/demo account on both IC and ActivTrades so I will compare the backtests with the operations.

Great!

Always use "all real ticks" if not sure what to use. It is method with highest precision possible.