Live Forward Tested Sets with Consistent Profits

• updated

Hello, 

I will attach some sets, optimised on IC markets, back tested for 3 months (so if it blows up on a back test over a few years, then you know why) to develop it quickly. Then I forward tested for a month and then forward live tested again for 2 weeks. I will show the results for the last 2 weeks as proof. 

My methodology was as follows

Optimised in the following order on various time frames

1. Stochastic + Trend Filter

2. TDI

3. MACD

4. Moving Average 1

5. Moving Average 2

6. Moving Average 3

All lots were 0.01 in the interest of minimal risk exposure. 

Image 712

Image 713

xauusd.m1.0110-09122020.icmarkets.set

EURUSD.M1.0101-19102020.ICMARKETS.set

XAGEUR.M5.0106-28122020.ICMARKETS.set
XTIUSD.M1.0106-12122020.ICMARKETS.set
CHFJPY.0106-12252020.ICMARKETS.set
GBPUSD.M1.0109-3112020.ICMARKETS.set

I have adopted a brute force method. I chose various indicators for open/closing and continually optimise as I go along. I advise that you don't use these straight away until you do a forward test for yourself. These are on IC markets, I don't think they will work well with other brokers so bear that in mind. 

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
Symbol:
Multi
TimeFrame:
Multi
Sai Pratap

Looks like u have optimised EURUSD for 2020

Below is my result on octaFX. Also the profit for 2020 with 10000$ is only 600$ in one year :(

Kishan Bhatt

I did state that I optimised (probably over optimised) for the last few months on IC markets. Try playing around with the spread settings and see if that affects it?

borin yohan

What timeframe for CHFJPY?

Kishan Bhatt

Many! Each filter or signal has it's own timeframe. See for yourself. 

Kishan Bhatt

Hi, 

The XAUUSD, XAGUSD and XAGEUR didn't pass this step, so use with care. 

Brusli Brendanli
Quote from Kishan Bhatt

Many! Each filter or signal has it's own timeframe. See for yourself. 

Greetings Kishan. I think he meant that it isn't defined in the name of the setfile of CHFJPY the timeframe on which it is traded. Is it the default 5-minute or is it something else? 

Sai Pratap
Quote from Brusli Brendanli

Greetings Kishan. I think he meant that it isn't defined in the name of the setfile of CHFJPY the timeframe on which it is traded. Is it the default 5-minute or is it something else? 

U can simply download the set file and check in it.

Brusli Brendanli
Quote from Sai Pratap

U can simply download the set file and check in it.

I see. Those set files do not seem to pull through for me it seems. I'm testing them on ICMarkets demo account in real time starting 10 AM until 11PM but they either do not open any positions (XAUUSD most of the time) or open positions that end up hitting their stoploss (especially XTIUSD). Just giving feedback about testing them outside backtests. I'm trying your grid strategy setfiles (Gold, AUDUSD, GBPUSD, EURUSD) in the same manner. 

Sai Pratap
Quote from Brusli Brendanli

I see. Those set files do not seem to pull through for me it seems. I'm testing them on ICMarkets demo account in real time starting 10 AM until 11PM but they either do not open any positions (XAUUSD most of the time) or open positions that end up hitting their stoploss (especially XTIUSD). Just giving feedback about testing them outside backtests. I'm trying your grid strategy setfiles (Gold, AUDUSD, GBPUSD, EURUSD) in the same manner. 

Thanks. Plz update the feedback of my sets at my post.