EUR-USD / ICmarkets / 40 to 50% DD / MT5 / low balance possible.

• updated
  • Checked

Hello,

Here is a set file that I like. Some people had some difficulties to load this set file therefore I will copy the entire code in the next comment.  You can open Notepad, copy the text and save it as a .set file.

In the results below, the balance was 100€. I also tried with 50€ and it was working during the whole year, but of course, it's better to have more than that. 

I tried with another broker (Roboforex) and it was not giving this results. So i assume results will defere with your broker. I'm currently using ICmarkets-demo

If you want to reduce the DD you can reduce the risk. it's currently set to 6% which is suiting me.

Please enjoy and don't hesitate to comment.

Joan Hard.set

Image 1033

Image 1031

Image 1032

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
How to check the version...?
Symbol:
EUR-USD
TimeFrame:
5min
Brusli Brendanli
Quote from joan S

Finally.. it's here. 
The new set, optimised for ICmarkets real account. Do not backtest it in demo account the result will not be the same.

You can decrease the risk, or increase it as per your risk appetite. 
I configured it to 3.6 % in order to have about 50% relative DD.

Joan V3.0.set

Hey there, Joan. Is it normal for the pending order to cancel itself upon reaching the trigger level and going past it? I have the EA running the strategy live on vps and I had an order set in advance spelling "0.01/0.00 buy" 
I checked the journal afterwards and found out it had canceled itself upon reaching the entry level.

Brusli Brendanli
Quote from Brusli Brendanli

Hey there, Joan. Is it normal for the pending order to cancel itself upon reaching the trigger level and going past it? I have the EA running the strategy live on vps and I had an order set in advance spelling "0.01/0.00 buy" 
I checked the journal afterwards and found out it had canceled itself upon reaching the entry level.

Edit: I meant the volume of the pending stop order is "0.01/0" and it doesn't open at all, it just cancels itself

Neil Zhu

I tried this on XM, the result is not very good from 2020-2021. keep having big stop loss. 

Yannis Latroche
Quote from Neil Zhu

I tried this on XM, the result is not very good from 2020-2021. keep having big stop loss. 

change de stop loss to see the difference

bryan ngai hoe chan

how do I get the most recent version of this set file? It's invalid as I tried to test it.

jo bendik

Hello. This set looks amazing! But it does not work with the latest version. What could be the solution for this?

scott vandergriff
Quote from jo bendik

Hello. This set looks amazing! But it does not work with the latest version. What could be the solution for this?

Set the martingale switch to enabled or disabled.

jo bendik
Quote from scott vandergriff

Set the martingale switch to enabled or disabled.

It worked. Thanks! :)