Big Candle and RSI

• updated

Hi everyone!

I've been trying my hand at this new set for a couple of days. The idea started on reversing course after a large "unmotivated" candle. Now with BigCandle + RSI to open and Stoch. to close I created this setting.
The DD is related to the risk of the percentage of margin that you want to use for the lots: up to a maximum of 11 it also holds in real life, but the DD would be approximately 97%
Therefore for the moment I consider this official, with 7 as a percentage of margin.
The test is on Roboforex Real (designed for CENT accounts), 5 years. Leverage at 500.
I entered 500k for demonstration, but you can also start from 10k. It also works in real life.
I hope that better goals can be achieved with brainstorming.

Image 2802

Image 2803Image 2804

CP_EUm5_BigCandleRev_v4_MARG-7.set

I also give you some additional tests:

Image 2806

MT version:
Both MT5 and MT4 set-files available
EA version:
Symbol:
EURUSD
TimeFrame:
M5
Sai Pratap

Its a bad set considering the number of trades. They are only 47 over backtest of 5 years i.e. hardly 9 trades in a year! 

leeveee

Thank you for your feedback, Sai.

What you say is right. Unfortunately there are few trades. But at the same time I think it is important to be able to refine the technique considering that in 5 years you have 100% positivity.
Obviously I want to improve it, get more trades, also on other timeframes.
I posted everything because I thought this was the meaning of the forum: sharing ideas, not giving ready-made settings to be evaluated. Surely many here have more knowledge than me and certainly can give useful tips to improve this set.
Anyway, thank you so much (again) for your feedback.

Sai Pratap

Thanks for sharing the set and taking the feedback positively.

In fact, I tried with many strategies similar to u which are successful with very less number of trades. But when I tried to improve the number of trades, the sets were starting to fail. :(

Anyways, I will work on trying to improve ur strategy. Thanks.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

47 profitable trades in 5 years — is definitely overfitting.