Ultra Hedge *Beta* - JPow

• updated
  • Running LIVE

Hi Guys,

I´ve been working a new system lately. An ultra hedge system. What does that mean I will explain soon: 

Well, rates are rising globally. This will lead to alot more volatility for forex because it´s getting more interesting to park money in cash. Our martingale system needs to become more well-conceived.So I developed this setup. 

We working with different Phases and the same pairs. What I got so far; 

Pairs are marked as: N = neutral / S = Sell / B = Buy 

Phase 1: CHFJPY (N) / EURCHF (S) / EURJPY (B)

Phase 2: GBPCHF (N) / CHFJPY (S) / GBPJPY (B) 

Phase 3: USDCHF ( N) / EURCHF (S) / EURUSD (B)

Phase 4: EURUSD (N) / USDJPY (S) / EURJPY (B) 

All simple, its just Stochastic who either buys or sells. The (S) part is just reversing the signal. The "N" is the decision maker. So it´s supposed 

to 2 vs 1 (the hedge). 

This backtesting is hard and not really possible so I set up a live signal: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/1745827?source=Site+Signals+My

Any suggestions for improvements? Is it possible to connect the the pairs for each phase? ( maybe via the magic number?) So it closes every phase individually. Of course the "Phases" can be expanded to more pairs. 

Anyway here are the sets.

Ultra Hedge.zip ( the magic number need to changed for every pair) 

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
Symbol:
Mulitple
TimeFrame:
M5
Jerome Powell

Thanks to both of you for improving this strategy!! Yes with the DD yesterday i suppose the ea has not that magic number has no real influence. 

md mijanur rahman
Quote from Jerome Powell

Thanks to both of you for improving this strategy!! Yes with the DD yesterday i suppose the ea has not that magic number has no real influence. 

Dear Jerome Powell,

Thanks for your kind reply. Would you pls write do you using same setting phase and setting ? I am asking thats because of your signals account DD is so less compared with my account. And if different then would you pls share your phase and setting.

Thanks in advance for your kind reply !!

----

Jerome Powell
Quote from md mijanur rahman

Dear Jerome Powell,

Thanks for your kind reply. Would you pls write do you using same setting phase and setting ? I am asking thats because of your signals account DD is so less compared with my account. And if different then would you pls share your phase and setting.

Thanks in advance for your kind reply !!

----

Dear Mijanur, 

Of course. So with this signal: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/1745827?source=Site+Signals+My I use different magic number for each pair.  For this signal ( https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/1751812?source=Site+Signals+My ) I use the same magic number for every phase. For example 

Phase 1: CHFJPY (111) / EURCHF (111) / EURJPY (111)

Phase 2: GBPCHF (222) / CHFJPY (222) / GBPJPY (222) and so on. 

What might be the case is the timing when the ea starts. If we would start all at the same time, our EAs would probably have the same results but as you start a bit later, you will have other entries, that at first will lead to different results but after a week or the ea closed all positions we should have the same results because we have the same entries in the market. 

Thank you very much for making the strategy better! 

Pham Tuan Anh

With this strategy, profits seem to be achieved very quickly in a short time. I think it's a good idea to set a stop loss of at least 1/12 total balance for each pair in order to defend. Otherwise, if only 1 pair go the wrong way, it is enough to blow off your real account.

Neil Zhu
Quote from Pham Tuan Anh

With this strategy, profits seem to be achieved very quickly in a short time. I think it's a good idea to set a stop loss of at least 1/12 total balance for each pair in order to defend. Otherwise, if only 1 pair go the wrong way, it is enough to blow off your real account.

yea, I am testing this one too. 

Every strategy fails, just matters when. 

I have another EA designed to get me out of bad trade, of sometimes, I will just take a loss. 

Pham Tuan Anh

That's because this strategy recovers pretty quickly, stop loss around 8 to 10% of total balance for each pair is not a big deal. It will keep the account alive longer in the market.

YeliB

Hi Mr. Powell :)

Thanks so much for this cool set! Appreciate it!

How did you choose the pairs and decide which is neutral / reversal etc... ?

Jerome Powell
Quote from Pham Tuan Anh

That's because this strategy recovers pretty quickly, stop loss around 8 to 10% of total balance for each pair is not a big deal. It will keep the account alive longer in the market.

Good Point! But for that I wanna see when a 50%+ DD occurs. So far big volatility has not brought big big problems. But doing 10% sum stop loss is a good idea, thanks! 

Jerome Powell
Quote from YeliB

Hi Mr. Powell :)

Thanks so much for this cool set! Appreciate it!

How did you choose the pairs and decide which is neutral / reversal etc... ?

Hi Yeli, 

Thank you, I aprreciate it

To figure out which pair to use, I used https://www.mataf.net/en/forex/tools/correlation

I prefer the chf pairs because they are not that volatile and bringing a stabilization to the whole system. The "decisionmaker" is most the time the more volitle of them all. And the reverse one is choosen randomly.  I hope that could answer you question. If not please ask more! :)

md mijanur rahman
Quote from Jerome Powell

Hi Yeli, 

Thank you, I aprreciate it

To figure out which pair to use, I used https://www.mataf.net/en/forex/tools/correlation

I prefer the chf pairs because they are not that volatile and bringing a stabilization to the whole system. The "decisionmaker" is most the time the more volitle of them all. And the reverse one is choosen randomly.  I hope that could answer you question. If not please ask more! :)

Dear Jerome Powell, 

Thanks for the good clarification.

Is it possible to avoid EURJPY, GBPJPY, CHFJPY and USDJPY because of all of them are stubborn pairs which will make big DD thats can make wash the account and add the four pairs which has no big volatility like CADCHF.... and if it possible then no need to cut off loss.

Thanks in advance for your kind reply !