New set EURUSD H1 with grid using new feature of individual order BE

• updated

Files:
Smoothed_RSI.ex5 (need to be placed in the Indicators folder)
Seven_EURUSD_H1_v1.set

This set is based on an old strategy I ran in the past with another EA which became obsolete. The strategy was called "Seven FX", so I named the set after it.

With the new feature of break even per individual order, the Seven FX strategy could be replicated in the CP (version 2.53.1).

The version of RSI used is smoothed, so as to give less false signals. The indicator is used twice in the custom indicator slots.

The entry signal is given when the price is distant 40 pips from a MA (Hull MA) and inside the Smoothed RSI zone (70/30). The signal to open Martingale orders is given only by the second Smoothed RSI but using the zone at 80/20 levels (more strict). Martingale order volume is calculated by distance x coefficient. I ran the BT using FP Markets account for which the coefficient is 1000. Please check if this is OK for your broker.

Below is the report for the 4 first months of 2023. Further backtest should be done for longer periods.

Image 4308

Image 4309

Sorry the above is in Portuguese but I guess you can identify the main results. Capital 1000 USD, leverage 1:500, Every Tick BT Method.

The strategy is supposed to be run in several pairs, with LOW CORRELATION between them. Running correlated pairs with this strategy is the fastest way to break your account. I also recommend a broker with low spreads and/or a Cents account.

In my opinion what still needs to be done to optimize this setup:

- Run the BT in different brokers;
- Run BTs for longer periods;
- Choose other pairs with low correlation with EURUSD and adjust the parameters for them (noticeably the distance from the MA, the BE for individual orders, trailing stop);

- Test other types of distance calculation  from the MA, specifically the ATR method, and optmize it.
- Optimize the trainling stop (for the first order)
- Add another entry signal which is the RSI rising/decreasing so as to surf the trend a bit after the reversal and to help close partials.

I count on you to help doing the above and improve the strategy.

Enjoy!

Rubens

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
Symbol:
EURUSD
TimeFrame:
H1
Sai Pratap

Long term also the strategy is working fine with OctaFx. Please make note that U have use "current" time frame. So at first by mistake done test with M5 and then realized that set is for H1. So better change the set file to H1 instead of current. This shall also help in accidental change of time frame of chart.

Thanks for the set.

Image 4312

Image 4313

Sai Pratap

Also can u share the indicator file for MT4 plz.

Tarso Mastella

This is amazing Rubens, you nailed it.

I remember to run several pairs of that strategy on cents account.

I will run some BT and share results soon

Tarso Mastella
Quote from Sai Pratap

Long term also the strategy is working fine with OctaFx. Please make note that U have use "current" time frame. So at first by mistake done test with M5 and then realized that set is for H1. So better change the set file to H1 instead of current. This shall also help in accidental change of time frame of chart.

Thanks for the set.

Image 4312

Image 4313

Great DD vs Gain ratio

Forex Trader

Image 4316

Image 4317

failed in 2017

Ulises Cune
Quote from Forex Trader

Image 4316

Image 4317

failed in 2017

6 years, that's a long time to do backtesting...

The strategy is good, thanks for sharing

Samuel Nguyen

Thanks for sharing, I'm testing with Roboforex and failed in Jan 2022.

Image 4323

7_mod.html  tested 01 2022 - 04 2023

Image 4335

Image 4336

set mt5 7_mod_.set

Ulises Cune

Roboforex ECN

1.000 USD

Image 4370

Image 4367

Image 4368

Modified with @Sai's suggestions: