Stop loss below the lowest price

• updated
  • Completed

Hello,

Is it possible to place a stop loss below the lowest price of the last X candles?

For example, I'm buying at €1250 and the lowest of the last 10 candles is €1150, so the stop loss will be €1150.

thank you for your help

How would you rate the customer service you received?

Satisfaction mark by Thierry 1 month ago

Add a comment about quality of support you received (optional):

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

You can do it with a close signal based on Custom indicator like Donchian channel.

Thierry
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

You can do it with a close signal based on Custom indicator like Donchian channel.

Hello,

thanks, I'll give it a try....

Thierry

Hello Andrey,

I would like to use your Donchian indicator to create stop losses value (close if under/over the previous candle). But the stop-loss value must be fixed and not change with Donchian...

I've made several tests of number and type of entry but I can't get it to work. Attached are the screenshots.

Can you help me configure it properly?

Thanks

Image 5999

Image 6000

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Yeah, you can't do this with Donchian, sorry.
It seems we need to add more flexible Individual SL based on different indicators. I have a library for that. What do you think?

Thierry

Yes it will be great. But initially, without an indicator, it would be nice to be able to set a SL according to the lowest/highest of the last X candles. And add a little safety at x point.

Or with Donchian but freezing the value of the SL when the position is opened.

Thank you for all your work and to the community... Like many people here, I hope one day to be able to share a great cash machine!

ferdinand tampubolon

how about ATR after zz indicator at set

Thierry
Quote from ferdinand tampubolon

how about ATR after zz indicator at set

Hello, I tried with ATR but I was not successful. My wish is to create an SL which will go to the lowest point of the last 3 candles (for example) AND which will not move. With ATR the SL moves over time. If you find a solution, I'm interested. Thanks

Jerome Powell

maybe this can be connected with, a trailing stop that trails to the last low off X candles but the last swing low. Maybe Andrey can use the same calculations as he uses for finding extremums wtih the macd in the FIBO signal

Thierry

This EA make the job but i can’t make backtest because it’s not a indicator… 

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/34167

Do you have a methode for make a backtest with 2 EA?