SSL Indicator - Exit Filter/Indicator to confirm exits.

• updated
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Hello, 

Came across this indicator listening to this podcast series on this youtube channel. It looked really good for trend trading, which we already have a potent, powerful weapon for (trend filter)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8IRYpgBr4NGbaQFnd2b-A

Pro prop trader from USA. He basically goes through lots of indicators and shows you some good ones from his research on MT4. He showed one called the SSL, which is a moving average cross over indicator. It shows some great exit points for trend trading. From optimising the trend filter we have is very powerful. Like totally smashes every other traditional ones like MACD and moving averages and is very elegant sounding from Andrey's descriptions of it. 

The SSL seemed to show some great examples for exits in these pictures at least. 

Image 379

https://www.tradingview.com/script/rzdsCUGL-SSL-dasanc/

This site has a EURUSD and you can see that it works really well with trends with entries or exits. Unfortunately I think it would need a lot of tuning but I am happy to try and test it out and report back to everyone. 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Do you have this indicator sources (mq4 and mq5 files)?

Sai Pratap

I feel the indicator is repainted.

U can observe that once there is change of signal, there's always a big candle.

If the indicator is non-repainted, then it shall definitely give good profits. U may please check Kishan.

Thanks.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Suspended

Kishan, any updates?

Suspending the topic while have no sources and other info.

Kishan Bhatt

Hi,

apologies for the late reply. Back in full time work so difficult to find time.  

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

It requires registration.

Please, attach mq4 and mq5 files here.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Kishan Bhatt

Hi,

apologies for the late reply. Back in full time work so difficult to find time.  

No problem, it is ok

Kishan Bhatt

Hi, 

Going back to indicators, here is the code. Now I can read the code to some extent as I have done some C++ coding, but my experience in indicators is 0, so I can't tell if this repaints or not. I have found several versions

SSL_Channel_Chart.mq5

ssl.mq5

I think that the entry/exit conditions would be if there is a cross over of lines. But it does whipsaw when the market is flat. But I think with the open/close filters from other indicators, I think that this can be avoided. 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

You can check it in the visual tester.

Launch the test, go through the history. Then launch the indy on online chart and compare them.

Kishan Bhatt

Hello, 

So I tested SSL Channel Chart and the ssl one alse- I can see no repainting of past lines when looking at it using the visual tester. Very clear and easy to see. If someone can confirm this then great. Some customisation of the MA method could also good too. 

Another idea is to use triple exponential moving average instead of the normal simple one Not sure how feasible it is, but if we already have these functions built in then I am guessing it relatively early.