Close at the end of the bar.

• updated
  • Suspended
Image 505
Orders are closed immediately when they reach the TakeProfit level.
With this option, orders will be closed at the end of the candle after passing the TakeProfit level. Closing gain at the end of the candle >= TakeProfit gain
Close only end of bar : True / False
Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Is this option for regular TP only? If so, why?

Why not to increase TP size?

Why do you want to check the TP only once a bar?

What about this scenario:

Recep Apaydın

You are right. I've experienced your script several times. It happened with a probability of 10-20%. However, the close option at the end of the candle increases the earnings significantly. After passing the TP level on the new candle, there should be a lock at the Breakeven level. This will prevent damage.

Recep Apaydın

This option is for regular TakeProfit only. I hope it will be in the TakeProfit section.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Did you try to increase TP size?

Your idea is clear, we can set SL to BE and wait till the end of the bar, but I am still skeptical...

Recep Apaydın

Increasing the TP size can be a disadvantage. Example: You have a good set file that works with TP = 50. If you make TP = 100, orders are more likely to return from 50-99 without Take Profit.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Recep Apaydın

Increasing the TP size can be a disadvantage. Example: You have a good set file that works with TP = 50. If you make TP = 100, orders are more likely to return from 50-99 without Take Profit.

I'll answer as you did: you can move SL to the break-even after 50 points of profit to prevent these returns ;)

I can't catch the advantage of "close on the end of bar". It seems you just like it without any explanation )

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Suspended

No support at all. Suspending...