Breakout entry

• updated
  • Suspended

Hello all, I’m not coder but am learning atm I wanted to get the communities thoughts..

If a breakout based on 5 min chart is higher then a sell order is activated and vice versa with mgale.
and thus every five minutes the range is calculated. Keen to take this away from eurusd.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is this dumb in this symbol?

acealert

Hello

Why breakout higher but you place sell order?

Kindly provide any visual chart?

Sai Pratap

5 min is too small interval. And it will happen on either sides so u will end up trading on both sides. 

It is not just for EURUSD, but for any entity. Better work out for another logic, imo.

benedict kemp
Quote from acealert

Hello

Why breakout higher but you place sell order?

Kindly provide any visual chart?

Well on the basis that breakouts can be “fake” look to profit from the inevitable reversals. I think as Sai says 5m may be too small but perhaps 15m may work. Just looking to get some thoughts on it at the moment

benedict kemp
Quote from Sai Pratap

5 min is too small interval. And it will happen on either sides so u will end up trading on both sides. 

It is not just for EURUSD, but for any entity. Better work out for another logic, imo.

Thanks

acealert

usually when doing breakout strategy we need to determine ranging period and when price break highest range, we place buy order with SL on lowest range. If it eventually a fakeout, we then immediately open sell order on the lowest range with maybe doubling lot to recover loss from buy order and gain profit

that just a little bit concept

benedict kemp

but where would you place the TP?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Benedict, it is not a set-file, it is question. I moved your topic.

As for your strategy, could you attach screenshot with explanation?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Seems Benedict wants to open new Sell when last bar high is broken (current price >= High[1]).

Let's wait for explanation from author.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review
benedict kemp

Apologies, It was just an idea for integration but I am unable to understand the language / metric yet please remove if bothersome I may come back and re-post with full analysis ready for community to vote on