Special Task Force at Telegram

• updated
  • Completed

I hope this is not too much off the topic. Forgive me if it is. But I really appreciate this community as much as I appreciate the EA itself. 

Telegram is bursting with Forex daytrading groups nowadays. None of them that came to my attention has a single trader that's more worthy than any person in here. Most of them are just scam, and rest of them are created by awful traders with huge egos and they feel more like a stupid cult than an actual trading cooperation.

I realized today that most of us do manual trading alongside with algorithmic trading. And we all have different strategies and perspectives.

For example Sai uses price action with support and resistance, I use MACD for momentum trading, Yannis goes deep in technical analysis, Dion uses economic calender for fundamental analysis, vice versa...

Imagine that we share trade ideas, signals even, and sometimes go berserk at the voice chat while Powell is speaking out of his ass.

So am I so alone to ask for this? Is this the only place that I could find to create a trading group? And how will this help improving the EA? Well, yes I'm pretty much very alone as everyone else, welcome to 21th century. And this is the only place I could find where traders are people that actually worth listening to. And suprisingly, I believe this can be the next step in Community Power EA as we learn to play along, share strategies, bring traders and programmers closer in a daily basis. In just weeks we can add many more options to EA. 

I believe Andrey started a project that's much more than an open source trading bot since there are very good strategies out there known by those who have no idea how to program them and there are very good programmers that have little time to learn more about those. We all have our tunnel visions on matters, we all have our own shapes, skills and characters. In his vision and influence, a very good community is forged here. Now we all like to help people as I can see and also we all need help since the markets are not easy to play alone. 

Whatever, less talk more walk. 

I say let's start a Community Power manual trading group at Telegram for daytrading together as a team.

Here's a music video for you that's even more off the topic. 

Love you all, cheers!

Youtube video

Yannis Latroche

If your idea see the light of the day I'm in

paolo

If your idea see the light of the day I'm in

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Tears of happiness run down my cheeks..

Should it be closed group with limited invitations?

How to keep it professionalism and cleanliness and not make one more dumb cult?

Алекс Клим

I'm in!

Sai Pratap

Thanks Ali.

Many people asked me for a separate group for posting the calls. But I denied to have it.

If Andrey sir agrees, I will be the happiest person to share my calls whenever I find entries.

IMO, invitations shud be open but the number of people who post their calls may be restricted.

We shud discuss on how can we decide a person to post his calls. Also there shud not be discussions over there so that the calls are not overlooked.

Jan Corsair

Hello guys,

I'm new in here and want to underline Ali's post.

The only problem i see is Telegram. It already has a certain reputation - said carefully. I would love it if you keep your EA special. Please set it up anywhere else (Here/Signal/IRC/Discord/...). And yes, there should be an invitation system.

ali yıldırım
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Tears of happiness run down my cheeks..

Should it be closed group with limited invitations?

How to keep it professionalism and cleanliness and not make one more dumb cult?

Tears of joy in my cheeks too now ;) I knew I was right!

Cults are oftenly formed around 1 charismatic leader with huge egos, worshipped by 1 person at the beginning. Since we have many charismatic people here with 0 egos, I don't think that will be the main threat on our group. If there's a person however who gives %99 accurate calls, I'm ok to worship him since he is probably the next prophet himself. That will end up being a cult, but obviously not a dumb one.

This doesn't mean there isn't any other risks. We will need administration even if we start as 6 people.

In big trading companies, when a new trading floor is formed, managers don't expect to see any gain in first 6 months. They know that the integration of traders takes time and effort. We will be confused with each other's calls at the beginning since we have really different perspectives and strategies on market.

For example, Nassim Taleb aimed a %5 to %10 winrate through entire his career. He kept losing %1 of his capital everyday until he wins %10.000 from a single trade. If I haven't read his book about this, and he was in this team with us, I could copy his signal with my own understanding until I completely blow my account while he gets rich with exactly same signals.

Do we have to protect those who don't understand the fundamendals but simply are there to copy our signals and earn some easy money? I believe losing capital is a part of learning process, and if we try to protect them, they will simply find another way to burn their money.

I think our main purpose here must be to know each other better at the beginning. Even if we think professional and we treat this group as a pro trading floor, still the first step is the integration of traders. In this case if somebody starts posting shit on group and makes everybody mad, sending this person will also help bringing us closer.

So I say let's forget restrictions at the beginning. One can share a signal, other one can say it's a shitty signal and whole group can start fighting each other until that trade is done. Group can be %1 trading and %99 fighting at that time. But in my opinion, what makes a family is the peace that always comes after the worst of disagreements. I think it's all just fine.

I believe it is better to let individuals find a way before setting the way to go.

Yannis Latroche

I see your point but at the beginning it's gonna be a mess because nobody see the market in the same way, there's gonna be identical things for sure but for example : me, what i've done once in a group of traders was to post my analysis every sunday to show the market's behavior for the week but not everydays support/resistance.

But it's only my opinion i've been here fore a while now and this is the community with the least annoying people i've ever seen so i'm not scared for everyone's "analysis"

ali yıldırım
Quote from Yannis Latroche

I see your point but at the beginning it's gonna be a mess because nobody see the market in the same way, there's gonna be identical things for sure but for example : me, what i've done once in a group of traders was to post my analysis every sunday to show the market's behavior for the week but not everydays support/resistance.

But it's only my opinion i've been here fore a while now and this is the community with the least annoying people i've ever seen so i'm not scared for everyone's "analysis"

Exactly. This is why I believe it's ok to start messy since I believe this community can handle that easily.

And oh, didn't mention there, sorry. Invitations only. This is supposed to be a part of Community Power EA project. At least all attendants have to be from this forum. If we start as an open group I'm sure it will grow much bigger than the EA group itself in a short time since everybody wants that easy money on someone else's work. I say a closed group with invitations only. I believe no further restrictions are required like posting limits or maximum user cap.

Yose Mada Pramana

Well, if the Community Power going to be invitations only, maybe we should create a filter or some criterias for another person to join the group. I'll be honest, i'm here just recently, and thought this community is awesome, we could learn each other strategies, maximizing profits through each others ideas, sharing, keep improving the EA's, etc. 

Unfortunately, i have been texted by someone in the group to join some shady profit sharing trading, and this does concerns us. We need some kind of restrictions to filter out those kind of guys (the shady ones), and also i think it's appropriate to have an group administrator(s), but yeah, we need another one group free of those shady ones.

And thank you guys for your hard work and dedication, can't thank you enough for this community.