Hedge on drawdawn percentage and/or hegde signal

• updated
  • Completed

Thanks for version 2.34. It really rocks!

Beside the option to "auto-hedge after orders" I would like to see an "auto-hedge on DD percentage" option in hedge properties section.

This could also be aligned with "Open hedge on" like "Open on" and "Open martin on" in the signals section. It would make opening hedges independent from signals.

Edit: I just discovered that partly closing with a hedge just works when the hedge is forced by "auto-hedge after orders". It does not work when placed by a signal. I guess this is a bug.

How would you rate the customer service you received?

Satisfaction mark by Jan Corsair 7 months ago

Add a comment about quality of support you received (optional):

Jan Corsair

As I cannot edit my first post anymore here is another thing I am missing:

In a normal martingale series I can close the first pos with the last martin by setting close partial after order to a value one below the sum of martingale lines (on 4 max trades in one direction set 3 close partial after order).

It would be great if the EA could close the first order (of martingale series) with a hedge (or whatever the indicator says) and continue to set positions in the direction of indicator to close the next martin (completely or partly) and on and on and on until the chart is free of orders.

This means that in a DD situation the EA reduces its DD until it's gone by partly closing previous opened positions.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Janusz, why do you need another signal to open opposite position ("Open hedge on")?

Just enable hedge and position will be opened on the next opposite signal.

You're right, I should enable Close hedge partial for any opposite trades (not for Auto-hedge only)

And, finally, yes, I'll add "Open hedge on DD%" option.

Jan Corsair

Hey Andrey, I like to use different signals for opening and hedging. I like to run a strategy opening positions against the trend hedged by following the trend. Normal trades and matrins are opened if there is a signal from an oscillator and hedges are opened if the oscillator was wrong (DD%) and some trend indicator is showing a present trend. 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Started
Andrey Khatimlianskyi

"Auto-hedge on DrawDown %" is ready in 2.36.1 and available for Patrons — https://www.patreon.com/posts/53930870

Ocxy Codine
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

"Auto-hedge on DrawDown %" is ready in 2.36.1 and available for Patrons — https://www.patreon.com/posts/53930870

test.ini

one month test, it kept on losing gains which i could not figure out why. hedge at 5% DD enabled. Just share your thoughts

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Completed

"Open hedge on" parameter for each filter done in 2.36.2 and available for Patrons — https://www.patreon.com/posts/53930870

drago babnik

I would suggest an additional option to use the first hedge deal as the opposite deal, which is further managed by Martingale properties.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from drago babnik

I would suggest an additional option to use the first hedge deal as the opposite deal, which is further managed by Martingale properties.

Why not to open first main opposite trade? It will be managed like all other trades, including martin.

drago babnik
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Why not to open first main opposite trade? It will be managed like all other trades, including martin.

This is true. The only problem I have is how to constantly open first main opposite trades as long as DD is below a certain limit. For example, at large and persistent price falling, waiting for the first main opposite trade is often unproductive.