iMacd inf

• updated
  • Fixed

Hi,

After running the the EA for a while (a few hours) with Ice Scream's GBPUSD settings the iMacd oscillator presents "inf" and is ineffective - it will be stuck on "sell". This looks like a bug to me unless there is something else going on. I have included the Macd indicator as a comparison in the bottom indicator window. 

Image 1988

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Started

Yep, I'm already working on this bug.

Thanks for your report!

Sam Kelly
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Yep, I'm already working on this bug.

Thanks for your report!

Nice one. Really great work you're doing. Need any helpers or just donations? 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Sam Kelly

Nice one. Really great work you're doing. Need any helpers or just donations? 

https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/7/topics/323-is-this-an-open-source-project-where-can-i-get-the-source-code-how-can-i-contribute

Donations are highly appreciated )

Ice Scream

hello. after converting the file to MT4, it works.

Sam Kelly
Quote from Ice Scream

hello. after converting the file to MT4, it works.

Hi Ice Scream is that information for Andrey or a suggested workaround for me?

Ice Scream

as a workaround option. but it is important to understand the problem. I couldn't convert this file back.

Sam Kelly
Quote from Ice Scream

as a workaround option. but it is important to understand the problem. I couldn't convert this file back.

Fair enough I would rather stick with MT5 though and interesting it doesn't convert back. I wanted to leave a live demo running on my server and your set was giving good backtests so it is a shame about the imacd div/0 bug. Do you know of a recommended gbpusd set that works live?

Ice Scream

I think the file should be converted, but I haven't figured out how to do it.

Sam Kelly

I've included a set which uses Stochastic RSI instead of the MacD. This was based on Andrey's EURUSD. For educational purposes only and I haven't back tested nor gone through the changes in detail. MT5_GBPUSD_M5_DefaultPlusPending A_Martingale.set