Idea: close profitable trades with opposite loss trade (antimartingale enabled)

• updated
  • Completed

Hello Community!

The EA is called: Close Minus by Plus. You can find it in the mql5.com store (I don't know if it is allowed to add links to other EAs) Exp5 Close Minus by Plus for MT5.ex5. This EA is in charge of managing open orders, closing 1 order with higher negative amount, for several orders that have higher positive amount.

That is, if you make purchases and sales in both directions, and there is a strong trend, the EA closes orders after several orders in positive for an order with a greater negative amount, regardless of whether they are purchases or sales. On reversals, it still closes the order with the largest negative amount for several positive orders.

Unfortunately, with CP I have tried to implement it, but without success. CP comes close to what the EA does, but when there are reversals (entries with Anti-MartinGala), CP closes them. That's why I wanted to expose my idea and evaluate it.

This is my .set: CP MT5 - Fixed lot 0.01.set  <<--- For CENT account. You will see that for example: In a downtrend where there are MartinGale entries (BUYS), when the price starts to make a reversal, CP opens Anti-MartinGale orders (SALES), but the CommunityPoweb closes them to me, and I don't want that to happen, I have tried a thousand ways, but it always closes them. The idea is to keep them open, so that if the price goes down again, there are already those SELL orders open, to keep closing the BUY orders that go with negative amounts.

I hope the idea is understood.

Hannes Waser

This concept of "trade washing" (use part of the profit to close parts of negative positions in general) can be very powerful! I made good experience with it coding it in another EAs.

Sai Pratap

Nice idea. But instead of getting in a new EA, I think Andrey sir can make the changes to CP to make this possible. It is just that he has taken a break from development. :)

Michel
Quote from Hannes Waser

This concept of "trade washing" (use part of the profit to close parts of negative positions in general) can be very powerful! I made good experience with it coding it in another EAs.

Yes, that's right, that's what I meant, implement the function internally within CP. Let's wait what else the community and Mr. Andrey say next =)

andrei rossi
Hello... So, as I understand it, I use a similar strategy... Let's imagine the following: I have several positions with increasing buy lots that are already losing money. The first OP that was opened is already far away from the market price... When the last OP has a slightly higher profit, the more distant OP is closed together with the OP that is in profit... In this way, I can eliminate more quickly the series of OPs that is open.
Michel
Quote from andrei rossi
Hello... So, as I understand it, I use a similar strategy... Let's imagine the following: I have several positions with increasing buy lots that are already losing money. The first OP that was opened is already far away from the market price... When the last OP has a slightly higher profit, the more distant OP is closed together with the OP that is in profit... In this way, I can eliminate more quickly the series of OPs that is open.

Hello Andrei. I do not recommend trading with MartinGale, because sometimes larger orders are left halfway, and another (negative) order is left further away from the price with a smaller amount, and it can be complicated to close that order. If you add this function to CP, you could study more thoroughly the MartinGale, because you would use the BackTesting.

Let me explain. Downward trend:

A- Buy

B- Sell

C- Buy

D- Sell

E- Buy

F- Sell

G- Buy

H- Sell

The EA closes the first 3 positive sales (B-D-F) and the Purchase with the highest negative amount (A). The orders C-E-G Buy and H Sell remain open.

Ulises Cune

This is already done by CP when using GRID, but it doesn't work when using Anti-Martingale. I think you are proposing that it also works with Anti-Martingale.

In the first image you can clearly see how it closes losing positions with SELL winners. and in the second you see those of BUY

https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/422-grid-strategy?redirect_to_reply=2703#comment-2703

Base GRID

https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/4/topics/144-base-grid

Michel
Quote from Ulises Cune

This is already done by CP when using GRID, but it doesn't work when using Anti-Martingale. I think you are proposing that it also works with Anti-Martingale.

In the first image you can clearly see how it closes losing positions with SELL winners. and in the second you see those of BUY

https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/422-grid-strategy?redirect_to_reply=2703#comment-2703

Base GRID

https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/4/topics/144-base-grid

Yes, I think you are right, the change would be in the Anti-martingale option, although I am not entirely sure. I think CP closes orders by time, i.e. the one that has been open the longest and not the one with the largest negative amount.

Thanks for checking where the possible change needs to be made.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Michel,

Seems you need "Hedge: Close main series by opposite main series" option.

Try to use it with your set and let me know how it goes.

Michel
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Michel,

Seems you need "Hedge: Close main series by opposite main series" option.

Try to use it with your set and let me know how it goes.

Hello Andrey. Believe me, I tried all possible combinations, and the same thing happens. What Ulises said in 3 previous posts: https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/427-idea-implementation-of-this-ea-in-communitypower?redirect_to_reply=2735#comment-2735 is where the changes should be made.

Sorry, it is very confusing for me to indicate with certainty where to make the change among so many functions. I am just getting to know CP for a few days. But it would be a nice feature for CP and those of us who operate in GRID, adding the EA concept I mentioned at the beginning.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Michel

Hello Andrey. Believe me, I tried all possible combinations, and the same thing happens. What Ulises said in 3 previous posts: https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/427-idea-implementation-of-this-ea-in-communitypower?redirect_to_reply=2735#comment-2735 is where the changes should be made.

Sorry, it is very confusing for me to indicate with certainty where to make the change among so many functions. I am just getting to know CP for a few days. But it would be a nice feature for CP and those of us who operate in GRID, adding the EA concept I mentioned at the beginning.

Please, attach your tester ini with "Close main series by opposite main series" option enabled.

I'll check it.