Activation and deactivation events for each signal/filter

• updated
  • Completed

hello together

Have a new idea.

Each indicator should be able to be added dynamically depending on the situation. For example:

If a trade is still open after 12 hours, you should be able to add another indicator, which can then be used to close the trade in a good situation.

Or if a trade has 3 orders, you should be able to add another Indiaktor from the 4th order. This can be used for example to partially close orders.

Whats do you think? ;)

Duplicates 1
Extend SL and signals to "close on collective signal, exceeding max DD only"

Currently, CP is a great tool do design martingale and "diamond hands" systems, which exit in profit only. However, in some cases it is better to let the position go instead of holding it until margin call.

Aligned with the request for more triggers around the TDI indicator, https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/606-tdi-with-more-signals

I believe that introducing the stop-loss-trigger logic to each indicator in general can strongly improve the performance of CP compared to current state where we only can trigger stop losses based on the draw down.

Technically, I would propose to extend the logic for the SL similar to TP:

Image 3482

but with "Max DD to close on signal"

inside the current StopLoss section

Image 3480

Also in each indicator adding the drop downs

• Close on individual signal, exceeding max DD only
  • Close on collective signal, exceeding max DD only

would basically do the trick.

Image 3481

I believe this extension would open a wide range for new smart stop loss handing ideas.

Thanks for considering this!

Alexander Medvedyev

Your idea has to do with position in progress (or the series) handling, with a sole purpose to close it in the best/most profitable manner, correct?

Total recorded to date ~2,000 MT4 indicators - all great, fantastic and wonderful.

Q: how do you suggest to pick necessary indicator?

In regards to partial close - we already have several decent options, under "Partial close" chapter.  Did you have chance to look thru them?  

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ww1M97H54IBwtCKZDhxtqsTsrtEMKofXHMEWMGCyZNs/edit#

patrick mast

Basically, I thought that maybe you do not need 3 or 4 indicators from the beginning to open a trade. It is much more important, if a trade fails, to close it with more indicators at the best moment. So you can also develop a proper no Martin strategy.

The idea is to use the indicators that are already present in the EA.

Each indicator would have to get an additional field. It should not only be possible to switch it on and off. But there should be possibilities to switch it on when an event happened. e.g. when the trade is open longer than 12h. and so on. There would be many options possible.

Alexander Medvedyev

"Take care of losses, profits will take care of themselves" (my favorite motto) 

When trade stays open longer than 12h:

-- 90%+ probability it is in floating loss (DD on equity) 

-- exposed to all market uncertainties, with risk to go deeper into DD

The best idea - is to close it at "break-even" on first opportunity. Do you agree?

In regards to break-even - we already have several decent options, under "Break even" chapter.  Did you have chance to look thru them?  

patrick mast
Quote from Alexander Medvedyev

"Take care of losses, profits will take care of themselves" (my favorite motto) 

When trade stays open longer than 12h:

-- 90%+ probability it is in floating loss (DD on equity) 

-- exposed to all market uncertainties, with risk to go deeper into DD

The best idea - is to close it at "break-even" on first opportunity. Do you agree?

In regards to break-even - we already have several decent options, under "Break even" chapter.  Did you have chance to look thru them?  

the 12 hours were an example. ;) it could also be 1h or 2h. Basically you are right. the longer the trade is open, the greater the risk.

The BreakEven function is unfortunately only possible in combination with Martin...

I simply miss a function to close the trade without Martin after a certain time. And that if possible based on an indicator

hendrik dubbe

Hello Patrick,

I also agree with you, that the duration of a trade is a very important aspect. I suggested something in that area not long ago. Did you read this:

https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/423-decrease-stop-loss-depending-on-trade-duration

Instead of close condition timed by trade duration (e.g. close after x minutes) this is an exponential decrease of SL up to break even. However, I also like the idea of making an indicator the close condition in case the trade is still open after x minutes. Maybe, it would be possible to combine these ideas as a time based condition after which some additional close condition or SL modification should be applied? What do you think?

patrick mast
Quote from hendrik dubbe

Hello Patrick,

I also agree with you, that the duration of a trade is a very important aspect. I suggested something in that area not long ago. Did you read this:

https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/423-decrease-stop-loss-depending-on-trade-duration

Instead of close condition timed by trade duration (e.g. close after x minutes) this is an exponential decrease of SL up to break even. However, I also like the idea of making an indicator the close condition in case the trade is still open after x minutes. Maybe, it would be possible to combine these ideas as a time based condition after which some additional close condition or SL modification should be applied? What do you think?

I am completely convinced of your idea "Decrease Stop Loss depending on trade duration". because of that I also gave you 5 upvotes ;)

I think if you could combine your idea with dynamic indicators to close the trades, the EA would be much safer and more profitable.

patrick mast

Basically, I generally miss the time filters for open trades. It would also be good to set the trade to breakeven or reduce the virtuel TP under the buy Level after a specific period of time. And as longer the trade takes, the stoploss moves upwards and the TP moves downwards.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Patrick, thanks for your idea!

We already have "Open martin on", "Open hedge on", "Close on" and "Partial close on" parameters for each filter. Thus, you can activate signals after a certain number of trades or use them for closing only.

You suggest adding something like "Activate after HH:MM" for each filter, right?

So, signal will be active some time after trade is open (by the way, the first or the last one?)

Do I understand your well?

Ulises Cune

Why not open another chart on the same pair and place a new strategy with the same ExpertID?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Ulises Cune

Why not open another chart on the same pair and place a new strategy with the same ExpertID?

Why not to trade by hands? )

We are here to develop an automatic strategy.