Activation and deactivation events for each signal/filter

• updated
  • Completed

hello together

Have a new idea.

Each indicator should be able to be added dynamically depending on the situation. For example:

If a trade is still open after 12 hours, you should be able to add another indicator, which can then be used to close the trade in a good situation.

Or if a trade has 3 orders, you should be able to add another Indiaktor from the 4th order. This can be used for example to partially close orders.

Whats do you think? ;)

Duplicates 1
Extend SL and signals to "close on collective signal, exceeding max DD only"

Currently, CP is a great tool do design martingale and "diamond hands" systems, which exit in profit only. However, in some cases it is better to let the position go instead of holding it until margin call.

Aligned with the request for more triggers around the TDI indicator, https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/606-tdi-with-more-signals

I believe that introducing the stop-loss-trigger logic to each indicator in general can strongly improve the performance of CP compared to current state where we only can trigger stop losses based on the draw down.

Technically, I would propose to extend the logic for the SL similar to TP:

Image 3482

but with "Max DD to close on signal"

inside the current StopLoss section

Image 3480

Also in each indicator adding the drop downs

• Close on individual signal, exceeding max DD only
  • Close on collective signal, exceeding max DD only

would basically do the trick.

Image 3481

I believe this extension would open a wide range for new smart stop loss handing ideas.

Thanks for considering this!

patrick mast
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Patrick, thanks for your idea!

We already have "Open martin on", "Open hedge on", "Close on" and "Partial close on" parameters for each filter. Thus, you can activate signals after a certain number of trades or use them for closing only.

You suggest adding something like "Activate after HH:MM" for each filter, right?

So, signal will be active some time after trade is open (by the way, the first or the last one?)

Do I understand your well?

Hi Andrey. Yes this i what I suggest :)
drago babnik

I strongly support this idea. We need an option to change the indicators. Under a certain condition (after a certain time, DD or number of open deals), a new indicator should be activated, which would further manage open deals (main and hedge). The newly activated indicator (or indikators) should change mainly the time frame and level of take profit.

I therefore suggest adding an option to each indicator.
Indicator activated on (time, DD, number of deals) and
Indicator deactivated on (time, DD, number of deals).

drago babnik
Quote from drago babnik

I strongly support this idea. We need an option to change the indicators. Under a certain condition (after a certain time, DD or number of open deals), a new indicator should be activated, which would further manage open deals (main and hedge). The newly activated indicator (or indikators) should change mainly the time frame and level of take profit.

I therefore suggest adding an option to each indicator.
Indicator activated on (time, DD, number of deals) and
Indicator deactivated on (time, DD, number of deals).

I therefore suggest adding a new section called Activation trigger and adding the Activation option to each indicator.

Activation trigger

- TF (after 1min, 5 min, 1h, 4 h, etc.)

- DD (%)

- ND (after number of open deals)

An Activation option is added to each indicator

Activation

- neutral

- activated on TF

- activated on DD

- activated on ND

- deactivated on TF

- deactivated on DD

- deactivated on ND

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from drago babnik

I therefore suggest adding a new section called Activation trigger and adding the Activation option to each indicator.

Activation trigger

- TF (after 1min, 5 min, 1h, 4 h, etc.)

- DD (%)

- ND (after number of open deals)

An Activation option is added to each indicator

Activation

- neutral

- activated on TF

- activated on DD

- activated on ND

- deactivated on TF

- deactivated on DD

- deactivated on ND

Drago, good idea.

A little tricky, but very universal.

I guess, we need 1, 2 or 3 "active period" blocks with activation and deactivation conditions (activate immediately/after time/on DD/after trades number/... — deactivate never/after time/on DD/after trades number/...) and only one parameter for each signal/filter — "Active period" (with a list of pre-defined blocks 1-2-3).

This will reduce parameters number and make the EA even more versatile.

What do you think?

drago babnik

Drago, good idea.

A little tricky, but very universal.

I guess, we need 1, 2 or 3 "active period" blocks with activation and deactivation conditions (activate immediately/after time/on DD/after trades number/... — deactivate never/after time/on DD/after trades number/...) and only one parameter for each signal/filter — "Active period" (with a list of pre-defined blocks 1-2-3).

This will reduce parameters number and make the EA even more versatile.

What do you think?

Andrey, you always find the best and universal solution. 

Your solution also covers the current operation of the CP. In addition to activation and deactivation on a specific trigger, it also includes permanent activation or deactivation. A lot of new options and combinations will be possible and this will make CP even more versatile.

So:

We need "active period" blocks with activation and deactivation conditions (activate permanently / after time / on DD / after trades number / ... - deactivate permanently / after time / on DD / after trades number / ...) and only one parameter for each signal / filter - "Active period" (with a list of pre-defined blocks 1-2-3).

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)
Quote from drago babnik

Andrey, you always find the best and universal solution. 

Your solution also covers the current operation of the CP. In addition to activation and deactivation on a specific trigger, it also includes permanent activation or deactivation. A lot of new options and combinations will be possible and this will make CP even more versatile.

So:

We need "active period" blocks with activation and deactivation conditions (activate permanently / after time / on DD / after trades number / ... - deactivate permanently / after time / on DD / after trades number / ...) and only one parameter for each signal / filter - "Active period" (with a list of pre-defined blocks 1-2-3).

How can a period be "deactivated permanently"? )

Period can last from the beginning / some event to the end / some event. Am I right?

Let's do it!

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Renamed the topic

drago babnik

How can a period be "deactivated permanently"? )

Period can last from the beginning / some event to the end / some event. Am I right?

Let's do it!

I apologize because I probably misunderstood.

Take the example of Oscillator # 1 properties

Current operation of EA

Filter Type (disable, inside zone, ...) -> Disable = deactivate from the beginning to the end; inside zone = activate from the beginning to the end under the condition "inside zone".

Operation of EA after the implementation of "Active period"

I guess we have 2 options.

1. Simple variant

If only 1 option can be selected in the "active period" set

- activate from the beginning = Activate from the beginning to the end

- activate on DD (30%) = Activate only from a specific DD onwards (> 30%) (if the DD changes backwards it is deactivated again)

- deactivate after trades number = activate from the beginning to the specified number of trades

- deactivate to the end = deactivate from the beginning to the end (=disable)

2. Complex variant

If we can select 2 options in the "active period" set (beginning and end of the period), then we also have additional options for each indicator, for example:

- activate on time + deactivate on DD.

aramabdo

Today I test the "Big candle" to close the trades when a reversal occurs. It worked relatively well for me but I realized that I am missing an additional feature of activating the indicator after a certain number of orders.

It's good that I found the topic before I duplicate it.

Christian Paramon

I have an idea of making the signal TF could be changed after DD $xxx or After layer #xxx
The simple aim for this , is to anticipate for aggresive Marti set with lots of layers, could be adjusted automatically after DD or #of layers. This will give more time for reversal while saving some lot margin. 

Example if the initial TF is M5, then after Layer #20, the TF changed to TF30.

Not really sure if this can correlated with the idea on this topic, but the main purpose I think quite same, that after certain condition, needed some -brake- for the layers. The more advance is the part where the brakes could be release once it back to favorable condition. 

Got my vote for sure!!

Thanksss