Max 1st deal Lot

• updated
  • Declined

Most brokers have a limit of MaxLot=100 (Roboforex=10,000?)

and during testing we have that martin deals are opened with the volume of the broker's MaxLot

I suggest making the parameter "Max 1st deal Lot ".

According to Martin's settings, everyone will be able to calculate it for themselves.

And with a test for a long distance, there will be a fairer result.

Duplicates 1
Max lot

Image 1139

Can you guy change max lot for any deal to max lot for first deal. Because if apply max lot for any deal will work wrong with martingale.

Example: 

Image 1140

Sai Pratap

I don't see the need of it. Just set the starting lot as 0.3 and ur job is done!

and if u set max lot for any deal as 0.3 then it will all martingale capped to 0.3 irrespective of starting lot size. Its pretty clear, imo.

Pham Tuan Anh

As I understand, you guy want to reduce the risk when the balance increases by using the fixed first lot, the simplest is you use the fixed lot setting = 0.3 instead 0.01 per 1000, that is solved, yes which you have to manually install.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Suspended

I agree with others.

You can use fixed lot for testing purposes. I can't imagine situation when you need to limit start lot while live trading.

Please, update the topic if you have some arguments.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Why do you need backtests with 100 lots trades?!?

Do you want to fool yourself? )

andy

:)

And if it turns out that the backtest starts with 0.05 Lot and by the end the lot are already 10,000???

There is a MaxLot in the setup, but it also applies to Martin lots, which is inconvenient when testing a strategy with Martin

I want to test immediately for 2 years for drawdown...

Ulises Cune

Why don't you use something more real, and withdraw money from time to time? I do not think that in 2 years I will not make any withdrawals. Nobody guarantees that the strategy and the future market will not burn your account.

andy

Yes, this could be a solution to the problem.

With monthly Withdrawal, the chart looks "terrible" - it is hard to see in which month the problems with drawdown / stoploss are...

Quarterly withdrawals can be used

And a little revision is needed.

Now the CP Expert Advisor does not check whether there are open orders/positions during Withdrawal..

andy

I set Withdrawal 100% profit

2022.05.11 10:42:57.698 Core 1 2020.04.01 00:05:00 TesterWithdrawal: previous balance = $1 000.00, current profit = $+37 586.73! Next withdrawal is scheduled for 2020.07.01

2022.05.11 10:42:57.698 Core 1 2020.04.01 00:05:00 not enough money for 37 586.73 withdrawal (free margin: 22 589.83)

2022.05.11 10:42:57.698 Core 1 2020.04.01 00:05:00 TesterWithdrawal: withdrawal failed with error #10019!

It is necessary to make a Withdrawal in the absence of orders / positions

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Suspended
Quote from andy

:)

And if it turns out that the backtest starts with 0.05 Lot and by the end the lot are already 10,000???

There is a MaxLot in the setup, but it also applies to Martin lots, which is inconvenient when testing a strategy with Martin

I want to test immediately for 2 years for drawdown...

Why do you need backtests with 10 000 lots trades?!?

What do you want to see at this exponential equity chart?

To analyze max DD, you don't need to increase start lot.

Run test with the fixed start lot, and you'll get max DD per start lot. For exmple, with 0.1 start lot you have $2000 max DD. This means that you can start with 0.05 lot per 1000 of balance (if you want to risk 100% of your capital).

Don't be fooled with exponential charts and billion profits in the tester report.

andy

YOU SAYS: To analyze max DD, you don't need to increase start lot.

Run test with the fixed start lot, and you'll get max DD per start lot. For exmple, with 0.1 start lot you have $2000 max DD. This means that you can start with 0.05 lot per 1000 of balance (if you want to risk 100% of your capital).

Well, in the strategy tester, when optimizing DD as a percentage, alas...

When I have been testing for 1 year or more

* with a starting Balance of 1000, FixLot 0.05: DD 25%

* With a starting Balance of 1000, Lot/1000 0.05: DD 45% in those moments where the balance has changed significantly.

Increasing the starting balance will not lead to anything: since we just get multiples of the sum ... after all, a Lot for 1000!

And when OPTIMIZING the strategies parameters, the DD are significantly different for FixLot and Lot/1000.

[a moment of humor]

As we say: "I look in the book - I see a fig" :)

Sorry, I don't know the equivalent of the saying in English...

YOU SAYS: What do you want to see at this exponential equity chart?
Don't be fooled with exponential charts and billion profits in the tester report.
Are you not planning to reinvest? Will you open 0.01 lot with a balance of $100,000? (Joke)
If I use the Lot/1000 setup, I assume a reinvestment strategy. Most of the profit goes further into the auction...

And what is so bad about the exponential graph At Lot/1000 (Maxlot per 1000) settings?
At any given time, it is simply proportional to our settings. A bigger balance means a bigger lot.
It simply displays the movement of funds according to the settings in EA.

Withdrawal - will help reduce the amount...
But make adjustments so that the withdrawal is made without orders placed!