Linking indices to trade currency pairs

• updated
  • Completed

As of now, we are trading based on Identify Trend, TDI in default set for EURUSD.

In my opinion, we can trade better by linking our trades to movement of Dollar Index (DXY). Please look into the possibilities of adding the feature.

This will be really helpful in trading all the USD pairs including Gold(XAUUSD) and silver(XAGUSD).

saber belghith

Agreed!

Ulises Cune

Not all accounts have DXY, instead EUR/USD all have

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Sai, do you mean that you want to calculate a signal on one instrument (e.g. DXY) and use it to trade on another instrument (e.g. EURUSD)?

This can be done for most signals, I coded them this way from the beginning.

Sai Pratap
Quote from Ulises Cune

Not all accounts have DXY, instead EUR/USD all have

But cant we get it from third party sources like tradinview, investing.com, etc as they are freely available?

Sai Pratap
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Sai, do you mean that you want to calculate a signal on one instrument (e.g. DXY) and use it to trade on another instrument (e.g. EURUSD)?

This can be done for most signals, I coded them this way from the beginning.

Yes sir. Want to see if DXY is bullish, then use that as reverse signal for EURUSD etc.

Quote from Sai Pratap

But cant we get it from third party sources like tradinview, investing.com, etc as they are freely available?

It can be done in MT5 by creating a custom symbols. But you need to find a tool for this.

For example, my Binance Quotes Updater creates crypto-symbols (that are not tradable directly from MT5, but available for analysis). 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)
Quote from Sai Pratap

Yes sir. Want to see if DXY is bullish, then use that as reverse signal for EURUSD etc.

Ok, I'll add "Symbol" parameter for all signals that support it.

Chris
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Ok, I'll add "Symbol" parameter for all signals that support it.

Will we be able to trade with multiple symbols?

Sai Pratap
Quote from Chris

Will we be able to trade with multiple symbols?

Trading multiple symbols is another suggestion. If it is ur requirement, may please provide ur vote.

Ulises Cune

As we have already discussed on telegram. I leave a strategy where a Custom indicator is used with the Dollar Index and TDI.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/20563

I have removed the USDSEK pair since my broker does not have that pair. I know it's not right, because the dollar index is not calculated that way, but... I don't have that pair.

Image 4557

USDX_Candle.mq5

Strategy_EURUSD__TDI_CustomIndy1_USDX_Candle.set

Image 4560