Apply "Active Periods" to order management

• updated
  • Completed

I think it's a good idea if "Active Periods" is added to other parts of CP like "Partial Close" and "Individual order properties"

For example I want to Active and Deactivate Partial close along side with Active and Deactivate "Individual order properties" based on some situations.

Also it will be good to see 4 periods instead of 3 (For example, "as needed and depending on the possibilities" to allow flexibility to use 2 periods for signals/filters, and 2 periods for order management).

Duplicates 1
A disable Partial Close after order # option

Partial Close with all its options is one of the great functions in CP EA in my opinion.

Combining with the Martingale is like collecting money on the street as you send rescuers to save a lost person.

But, in my experience using CP, I found it also goes against the idea of ​​BreakEven, which is how to use all available money on the street (floating profit) to close all deals, to stop further trading risks.

The BreakEven function is disrupted because Partial Close continues to 'steal' floating profits and send them to the balance.

This situation was happened moreover when Partial Close Itself, which is the best profit stealer, was enabled

Actually there is a way to help this BreakEven problem by increasing the Partial Close Minimum Profit To Close, but then at a certain level it becomes counterproductive to the best idea of ​​Partial Close which is to 'steal' profits optimally.

So for a win-win solution I recommend adding one option under the Partial Close section:

Disable Partial Close after order #:

IMHO.

Good idea to be backtested.

I haven´t seen that feature in another EA.

The normal partial close (aka "DD reduction") produce more harm than good

Forex Trader

interesting, I would love this feature implemented.

Ulises Cune

When using "close partial" the lots keep growing and the DD increases even faster with fewer points. It would be nice to close on "breakEven" after X amount of "Close Partial"

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Completed

I've added 4th ActivePeriod and active period selection for BE, TS and individual BE in 2.53.2.

As for the PartialClose -- it already has "Partial close on" parameter for each filter, and every filter has ActivePeriod parameter. Thus, you can 'apply' some signal to PartialClose and set the ActivePeriod for this signal. If you don't want to filter closes by signal, just set it to be always active (like "Volatility Filter" with Volume indicator and Min Volatility = 1).

Please, test these new functions and let me know how it goes.

And don't forget you can always say 'thank you' using this magic button ;)

Ulises Cune

Could I donate to a USDT wallet? what would be the address?

Quote from Ulises Cune

Could I donate to a USDT wallet? what would be the address?

Ulises, you contributed to the project a lot of your time and knowledge, thank you so much!

All donation options are here -- https://communitypowerea.com/donate/

Thanks again!

Shoppo Queto
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

I've added 4th ActivePeriod and active period selection for BE, TS and individual BE in 2.53.2.

As for the PartialClose -- it already has "Partial close on" parameter for each filter, and every filter has ActivePeriod parameter. Thus, you can 'apply' some signal to PartialClose and set the ActivePeriod for this signal. If you don't want to filter closes by signal, just set it to be always active (like "Volatility Filter" with Volume indicator and Min Volatility = 1).

Please, test these new functions and let me know how it goes.

The idea to work it with neutral signal such Volume in Volatility Filter is worked sir, but unfortunately ActovePeriod can be activated only once, while we need it works continuously. 

Such if we want to deactive Partial Close after order #4 then it need to be back activated when deals  #1-3 opened again.