Addition rule when hedge series becomes main

• updated
  • Completed

Current rule:

"Main series remains main, as long as the first order open time is less than the open time of the first hedge order. Thus, if your main series is closed, and the hedge is still open, the hedge series becomes main." https://communitypowerea.com/docs/hedge

Idea:
Add a rule (in addition main rule or as an option) - "The main series remains the main series as long as the total lot of the main series is greater than the lot of the hedge series (or coef*lot of hedge series)"

An example of how this can be used:

Image 4974

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

It makes sense and should be hard to implement. Let's do it!

Forex Trader

hello, can i know why this idea will be useful?, thanks

Kirill El
Quote from Forex Trader

hello, can i know why this idea will be useful?, thanks

I see this as one of the ways to change the direction of the main series of trades when the trend reverses (rather than waiting until the current main series closes, because this may not happen). One of the advantages is that anti-martin becomes possible for the hedge series (which will essentially become the main one)

Forex Trader
Quote from Kirill El

I see this as one of the ways to change the direction of the main series of trades when the trend reverses (rather than waiting until the current main series closes, because this may not happen). One of the advantages is that anti-martin becomes possible for the hedge series (which will essentially become the main one)

do you use hedge on its own signal?

Kirill El
Quote from Forex Trader

do you use hedge on its own signal?

yes

Kirill El
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

It makes sense and should be hard to implement. Let's do it!

Hi Andrey

I tested my trend reversal hypotheses in a different way.

For myself, I temporarily stopped seeing any prospects in this idea (maybe I will return to this idea in the future).

Since this is hard to implement, it makes sense to do it subject to a large number of votes and greater interest from the community.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Kirill El

Hi Andrey

I tested my trend reversal hypotheses in a different way.

For myself, I temporarily stopped seeing any prospects in this idea (maybe I will return to this idea in the future).

Since this is hard to implement, it makes sense to do it subject to a large number of votes and greater interest from the community.

Ooops! I missed 'not' ;)

It shouldn't be hard to implement, and I've already planned to do it soon.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Completed

"Main series detection by sum volume" done in 2.55.7