GA TakeProfit from Balance manual

• updated
  • Under review

The idea is for "Global Account" to manually set the Initial balance. Today CP when attached to a chart takes the values of the moment, if it is placed for example GA TakeProfit ($)=1000 is what varies from the moment it was placed on the chart. The idea is to enter the balance value by hand so that from that balance if it exceeds $1000 all operations can be closed.

It's the same thing that does this:

https://www.mql5.com/es/market/product/86396

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

What should the expert do after achieving this profit? Just stop?

I think it would be easier to set the target value of the balance.

To be honest, I don't see the point of this function. But if it is needed, we can implement it.

Ulises Cune

It has happened to me several times that if you already have open trades and you use "GA" it takes the balance at that moment and that is not what is sometimes needed.

If you have a balance of $10,000 and your various operations +/-$100, you want to close when it is, for example, at +$10, but for example at $10,010 you want to close, not at +10 from the moment the EA was configured.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Ulises Cune

It has happened to me several times that if you already have open trades and you use "GA" it takes the balance at that moment and that is not what is sometimes needed.

If you have a balance of $10,000 and your various operations +/-$100, you want to close when it is, for example, at +$10, but for example at $10,010 you want to close, not at +10 from the moment the EA was configured.

Don't understand you.

Please, explain in other way. Show me the exact scenario you want to achive

Ulises Cune

I can't show you live...

Imagine that when you use CP, you did not configure any parameters in GA TakeProfit.

Then, you have 20 open trades and you decide to edit the settings so that all trades are closed when you are +$10 in positive profit.

Image 5224

For example, here I am 0.15 positive, I want all trades to be closed when it reaches 10.

Context:

I have 50 open charts, with 10 different strategies and 5 different pairs.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Ulises Cune

I can't show you live...

Imagine that when you use CP, you did not configure any parameters in GA TakeProfit.

Then, you have 20 open trades and you decide to edit the settings so that all trades are closed when you are +$10 in positive profit.

Image 5224

For example, here I am 0.15 positive, I want all trades to be closed when it reaches 10.

Context:

I have 50 open charts, with 10 different strategies and 5 different pairs.

That's exactly what GA TakeProfit does. It closes all open positions when the sum profit reaches some value.

Forex Trader

i don't understand your feature. do you mean when the account reaches new high balance plus open trades, then the ea close all open trades?

Ulises Cune

Close all operations when you reach a profit.

Ulises Cune

Today it only does CP if you use GA when you have no open trades.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Ulises Cune

Today it only does CP if you use GA when you have no open trades.

I still don't understand what do you want to do.

aramabdo

I think you need option like this:

Active GA TP if balance >= x (account currency)